Stars

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

Stars

Post by ice nine »

Has anyone heard of this band? I heard a track from their new album In Our Bedroom After the War and it sounded pretty good. Light pop with orchestration. I'm in the mood to buy something from an artist I've yet to discover.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
pophead2k

Re: Stars

Post by pophead2k »

I bought the album on the strength of the fantastic song "Take Me to the Riot". The album is good, if a bit pretentious. Songs are catchy and, as you said,
well-orchestrated. IMO, the above mentioned song is the highlight, but there's a fair amount to recommend overall.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

That song + In Our Bedroom After the War can be heard here.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Thanks, Otis. I will definitely go to Amazon and order Bedroom using the link above. It just so happens that Stars is performing in Pgh in March. Me thinks someone's trying to tell me something.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

I have followed this band for many years- a guilty pleasure- their last one "Ghosts" was one of my favorites a few years back. They have a new record out last year that I have to get around to buying. I know they are worth listening to because my middle daughter gravitated to them having pulled their cds out of my collection a few years back and she is the one who turned me on to Cat Power, Arcade Fire, Johanna Newsome and Regina Spektor so she has a pretty good ear and a track record with her father. The third best import out of Montreal after Arcade Fire, Mordechai Richler - though I should give an honorable mention to our own PD :D
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'