Jason Mraz

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Jason Mraz

Post by mood swung »

Anybody else listening to him? I borrowed it from my son and liked it so much I burned a copy. Not blow you away great, but a few good tunes. I'm a sucker for some good banjo playing. The Remedy is all over VH-1, and it's the catchiest song I've heard this summer. Your thoughts on this, please.

I'm at work and Bullet-Proof today. :wink:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I don't like it/him. Dave Matthews wannabe.

But then, I don't like Dave Matthews. So, I may not be the one to ask.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, thanks for your comments, Mr. Radio. If you'll just step this way....

I don't know Dave well enough to compare, and all I know of Jason is this debut. I would compare him to John Mayer, but better. Kill me, ridicule me, I am basically a happy person and I like happy music. Especially when I'm here in hell writing payroll checks and watching the owner get shitfaced.

Anybody missing a grandpa or a great uncle? We've found one who doesn't remember his name or where he's from. Apparently kidnapped and left on a trail in the Great Smokies. I'll post a picture if you're interested.

Not going to see Jason this Saturday, however, since my folks are coming in for a visit. #1 son is. Tom Petty will be here later in the summer, but I can't get excited about that. If it's free, well then, I'll see. The rhyme is taking control, watch out freaks, I'm on a roll!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I forgot to mention that Jason is backed by the Agents of Good Root on this cd. That's where the good banjo pickin' comes in.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Yep, just listened to Curbside Prophet and The Remedy about 17 times in a row--the remedy is the experience!

do I have to turn my membership card in now?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I was not trying to ridicule you in any way, and I apologise if it came across that way. I was only trying to answer your question, and perhaps I was too blunt. My apologies.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Mr. Radio, I'm just talking to myself so my sorry little thread doesn't feel so lonely! :lol: No offence taken at anything. As I said, I'm Bullet Proof today. (and that would be a reference to a Dan Jenkins book that puts forth the 10 stages of drunkeness). I'm not drunk, but surrounded by those who are.