What are you listening to right now?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

It's this
http://www.ris.net/~tony/stones/alt3.htm , a fab boot collection of b-sides, one disc in a 5 disc collection. You're right about Johnny Cash, btw.
Last edited by martinfoyle on Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

bob dylan / blood in the tracks

.....specially if you see her say hello (best track on that album!)....playing it over and over again.....
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I've been listening to a lot of Baroque music, particularly peices by J.S. Bach. I have an exam on Monday in a course entitled 'The Age of Bach and Handel' and need to know a lot of information about these peices inside out. Great music, but memorizing all sorts of details about them is a bit tedious.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Uncomplicated

Snakebite

Post by Uncomplicated »

I am currently entranced in the new album released last week by former Wall of Voodoo lead singer Stan Ridgway, called Snakebite: blacktop ballads & fugitive songs

I think all you guys would love this! Check it out.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/stanridgway13
It's in your eyes..... It's in your eyes.....
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

a Christy Moore album
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

For a Gooner, you sure have some good taste SLL. :D

Which CM album are you listening to?
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I don't really know a lot of his stuff, but I've always liked what I've heard, and I picked this album up on the cheap somewhere - Ride On

Any recommendations?
signed with love and vicious kisses
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Anything For A Laugh, the opening track off Graham Parker's wonderful new album.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

MF, what you doing posting this rather than setting another trivia question I can't answer?

New Order, World In Motion, preparing for Euro 2004!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

so lackluste's turn to confound us, I should be going to bed, Gene Vincent is on kcuv right now, awesome.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

sweet gene vincent
young
and old
and gone....
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I just got the Eels' BLINKING LIGHTS, and it's a rare love-it-from-the-first-play record. Nobody who likes Wilco or The Replacements (for instance) should miss this.

It's also a beautiful package, and I can't help but think that royalties from that song on the SHREK soundtrack have given them some nice artistic flexibility in lots of ways.

Arcade Fire is the other thing haunting me most right now. Also a gorgeous package, come to think. SUCH a beautiful record.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Sweet Thing - David Bowie
The Passanger- Iggy Pop
These Eyes - The Guess Who
Heartbreaker - the Rolling Stones
Roll Plymouth Rock - Brian Wilson
Out of My Head - Fastball
#9 Dream - John Lennon
I Dont Want To Play Football - Belle and Sebastian
Apple of My Eye - Badfinger
The Rocker - Thin Lizzy
She Sells - Roxy Music
Sugar Baby - Bob Dylan
Racing in the Street - Bruce Springsteen

I love the shuffle function on my ipod :)
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

I've just downloaded some songs off of iTunes from Susan Tedeschi's new "Live From Austin" album. "Don't Think Twice" and "It Hurt So Bad" are my favorites at the moment. She's got an awesome voice!
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

The new Ben Folds, Taking Liberties (never had this record and I just got it on disc), Matchbook Romance and Queens of the Stone Age-Songs for the Deaf (great record).
I'm not angry anymore....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:I just got the Eels' BLINKING LIGHTS, and it's a rare love-it-from-the-first-play record. Nobody who likes Wilco or The Replacements (for instance) should miss this.

It's also a beautiful package, and I can't help but think that royalties from that song on the SHREK soundtrack have given them some nice artistic flexibility in lots of ways.
Agree completely smm. I listened to the entire album this afternoon, while driving back home from New Haven. I've read a few reviews where crtitics have been bitching about the instrumental interludes, but I don't have a problem with them. Quite the contrary - they're like little breaks between servings of a great seven-course meal.

This album's been growing on me more each day. If you're interested in seeing e live smm, he's playing the Somerville Theater (just up the road from my aunt's house) at the end of June. I'll be attending the NY Town Hall show.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Who Shot Sam? wrote: If you're interested in seeing e live smm, he's playing the Somerville Theater (just up the road from my aunt's house) at the end of June.
Thanks for the tip! Especially cause the Somerville Theater tends to be off my radar-- a lot of apparently important folk stuff goes on there, but I kinda hate folk, so there you go. Though I did see Aimee Mann there a year or two back, and Billy Bragg once even more years back. It's a lovely venue that I guess I have a prejudice against because it's a magnet for events that draw hard-core lefty types who (it might surprise some board members to learn) tend to turn my stomach somewhat.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The new White Stripes album. Not bad so far, probably another good one.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Want Two. Nearly all the songs are growers, and there are so many interesting aspects to his songwriting. I'm in love with Rufus.

There's a track from sis Martha's debut on the current Word of Mouth CD sampler called Factory. Fantastic stuff too. Critics have been pretty much drooling here, seems like with good reason. Anyone know it? How much talent is there in that family?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: There's a track from sis Martha's debut on the current Word of Mouth CD sampler called Factory. Fantastic stuff too.
I think so too-- immediately affecting, and so well done.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

The Yellow Submarine

...and The Coop.
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Matador at Fifteen

a 2 disc and one dvd compilation of matadors's greatests hits and rarities between 1999 and 2004. It ranges from interpol to mission of burma, cat power and guided by voices. as well as some stephen Malkmus and the jicks and belle and sebastian. I think its indie heaven.

right right now its Yo la Tengo with Don't have to be so sad.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Er, a bit of a departure...

Saxophonist Charles Lloyd's two most recent ECM albums, both excellent. One - "Which Way Is East" - is a collaboration with the legendary jazz drummer/percussionist Billy Higgins - it was Higgins last recording before he passed away from liver failure.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Bob Dylan Live 1964 - Concert at the Philharmonic Hall... Later I 'll put on Alice Cooper - Goes To Hell.