Nick Lowe on the BBC

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
migdd

Nick Lowe on the BBC

Post by migdd »

Attention fellow Nick Lowe fans! I was watching bits of the Stiff Records documentary on Youtube when a slip of the fingers resulted in finding this . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghlRyfzZb_Y
Emotional Toothpaste

Re: Nick Lowe on the BBC

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Nice! Thank you for sharing.

Can't wait to see Nick and his Quality Holiday Revue in Chicago next month. Looks like both shows are almost sold out.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Thanks for this!

Wish he'd tour a little deeper south. :(
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Sar him this past Sunday night in Chicago. Let me just say, that Nick just keeps getting better and better. The Jesus of Cool singing about the baby Jesus . . . . need I say more? Well worth the trip from St. Louis to Chicago. Always the entertainer, engaging, funny, and so damn effortless and smooth. What a pleasure.

Los Straitjackets meshed well with Nick and his schtick. I didn't think I could take the wrestling masks, but it wasn't a problem because they were so damn good. Opening act Cactus Blossoms reminded me of the Louvins, Everly's, and Hank Sr all at the same time -- extremely talented.

Get out and see the last remaining shows, folks, this line-up of talent and artistry with Christmas cheer doesn't come round often.