East Side Story

Pretty self-explanatory
countdownkid

East Side Story

Post by countdownkid »

A Countdown Kid-style look back at one of the underrated entries in Elvis' career resume: His stint as co-producer of Squeeze's East Side Story, one of the 80's most underrated albums. It's in the link.

http://countdownkid.wordpress.com/
bronxapostle

Re: East Side Story

Post by bronxapostle »

surely one of the BEST lps EVER! i would LOVE a reissue double cd with loads of bonus stuff! WHAT A MASTERWORK!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I see they reissued it with 2 extra tracks a while ago....the one produced by Nick, "Looking For A Love", is up on You Tube, but does anyone have "The Axe Is Now Fallen?" Supposedly produced by EC.
Maybe you could post it somewhere??

(I did get "Trust",a B side in the style of Adam Ant, produced by EC, when it came out).

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

TRUST IN ME AS SOMEONE YOU LOVE....forgot that one! why did they NOT include that one??? i never saw that reissue Dave. must look for it at a bargain price. :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:TRUST IN ME AS SOMEONE YOU LOVE....forgot that one! why did they NOT include that one??? i never saw that reissue Dave. must look for it at a bargain price. :lol:
just did a lyric check...i'm RIGHT! and it MUST be close to thirty years since i heard that GREAT song. yes favedave...VERY A. Ant inspired!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

How about "Yap Yap Yap"....that was another B side I think.

I love Squeeze!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

right again, but let me add: another GREAT b-side. i'll unearth the 45's tonight to make sure we are not missing one. what a band indeed.
sweetest punch

East Side Story

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.