My Darling Clementine working with Steve Nieve on an album of EC covers , 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Re: My Darling Clementine working with Steve Nieve on an album of EC covers , 2020

Post by johnfoyle »

Nice show.

Radio Sweetheart, Indoor Fireworks were the only Costello songs. Michael said something about how this is their first show since Country Darkness came out but they couldn't really do just songs by Elvis.
DeathWearsABigHat

Re: My Darling Clementine working with Steve Nieve on an album of EC covers , 2019

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

DeathWearsABigHat wrote:They're playing a gig at Thornton Hough on the Wirral on 30th October.
Anyone else from here going to that?
This gig has now been rescheduled for Friday 1st October and unfortunately I can't go on that date.
Would anyone here like to buy my ticket?
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
Top balcony

Re: My Darling Clementine working with Steve Nieve on an album of EC covers , 2020

Post by Top balcony »

MDC are now touring Country Darkness in UK and US .

I thoroughly recommend this CD and for a mere £10 (inc postage) they will send you their disc with a poster and postcard included. I am sure other currencies are available.

Two Liverpool gigs included in the schedule, I hope to get to the one in St Michaels in the Hamlet church on 23rd May.

https://mydarlingclementinemusic.co.uk/shows/
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Michael's new album, out next week , features Steve Nieve.
Man out of Time

Re: My Darling Clementine with Steve Nieve live in Liverpool, 9 July 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

My Darling Clementine and Steve Nieve play two UK concerts in July, one in Liverpool and one in Edinburgh. Tickets for the Liverpool show on Saturday 9 July are on sale now:

Skiddle.com/.

"The evening will consist of 2 sets. Steve performing both solo, and with guest vocalist AJUQ/Kessada, and then joining forces with Lou and Michael to perform songs from both the My Darling Clementine back catalogue as well as to re-visit the songs on Country Darkness, which includes such Costello classics as Indoor Fireworks, I’ll Wear It Proudly, Too Soon To Know, Stranger In The House, and That Day Is Done.

These will be hugely entertaining and very special nights. Only three shows. Don't miss out. Book now"

Tickets for the Edinburgh show (at the Voodoo Rooms) not yet on sale.

MOOT
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Super excited by this. MDC recently cancelled their show at St Michaels in the Hamlet which should have been tonight, obviously they got a 'better offer' to play with Steve in a couple of months. I wonder if they will allow him to incorporate playing the church's organ in the set?

Colin
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://allevents.in/mobile/amp-event.p ... 3027620934

My Darling Clementine - Country Darkness, Christmas Lights
Sat Dec 10 2022 at 08:30 pm
46 Pixham Lane,Dorking,RH4 1PT,GB, United Kingdom

My Darling Clementine bring a Winter Celebration of Clementine, Elvis Costello, Country and Christmas to Dorking.

My Darling Clementine - “Country Darkness, Christmas Lights”

We are delighted to welcome Michael Weston King & Lou Dalgleish for a special My Darling Clementine pre-Christmas concert

Their most recent album, Country Darkness - the songs of Elvis Costello, has been hailed as a classic by some writers in the US
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.