T.O. Charity Concert, Nov 12, 2007

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

T.O. Charity Concert, Nov 12, 2007

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16022.aspx

T.O Charity Concert Features Elvis Costello And Criss Angel - And A Thousand Dollar Minimum Admission

Toronto is about to get an unexpected visit from some very famous people. And it's all for a good cause. Sir Richard Branson, the millionaire mogul behind Virgin Records, is bringing a fundraiser to T.O. next month that will see an eclectic line-up of talent on stage. The headliners: new wave pioneer Elvis Costello, magician-illusionist and 'Mindfreak' man Criss Angel and Dita Von Tesse, billed as the International Queen of Burlesque.

The Midnight Magic show, which takes place November 12th in the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place, is designed to help Virgin Unite, a charity that trains health care workers on motorcycles in poor areas of sub-Saharan Africa to deliver badly needed supplies for those suffering from HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis.

Branson promises Costello will perform some of his greatest hits, Angel will attempt to recreate a record breaking escape attempt and Von Tesse - well, we'll leave that act to your imagination.

Despite the name, the show starts at 6:30pm and runs to around 1am. But this event isn't for the faint of heart or the weak of wallet. The cheap seats start at $1,000 and the price escalates from there. A top ticket of $15,000 gets a company logo on your table and an invitation to a private VIP cocktail party with Branson himself. You can find out more here.

It's the first time Branson has staged the charity event locally, but it's not his first foray into the Toronto concert scene. Last September, thousands flocked to the Toronto Island for the Virgin Music Festival. And while Branson promises a return engagement, the next one is scheduled for Calgary in June 2008.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

How about a show for us normal people while you're in town, Elvis?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Ugh - performing with a magician and a stripper; that's the kind of soul-sapping scenario he used to write pretty good songs about....
migdd

Post by migdd »

lostdog wrote:Ugh - performing with a magician and a stripper; that's the kind of soul-sapping scenario he used to write pretty good songs about....
Maybe he's looking for fodder for some new songs!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/10/prweb564442.htm

Virgin Unite Launches One-On-One Sit Down Opportunity With Sir Richard Branson On eBay

Virgin Mobile and Virgin Unite are offering you the opportunity to meet with Sir Richard Branson and Elvis Costello

Toronto (PRWEB) October 26, 2007 -- Auctionwire online auction agency announces today that Virgin Unite will be launching the Ultimate Meet and Greet experiences on eBay this Thursday October 25, 2007. The auctions will run for 10 days, offering the winning bidders exclusive experience packages to Virgin Unite's Midnight Magic Event in Toronto.

The first auction experience is the exclusive opportunity for one lucky winning bidder to have the chance of a lifetime to meet Sir Richard Branson at Toronto's hottest gala fundraising event of the year, Midnight Magic.

Imagine having the ear of one of the world's most intelligent and successful businessmen. This is the ultimate experience for an aspiring entrepreneur, business professional or personal fan.

The second auction Virgin Unite is offering is the once in a lifetime chance to meet Elvis Costello, which will also take place at Toronto's Midnight Magic event in Toronto. This is the ultimate auction package for a true Elvis Costello fan.

These Meet and Greet experience packages end on November 4th, 2007.

In addition to these amazing experiences, each week Virgin Unite offers you the chance to bid on fantastic, one of a kind music memorabilia, including a new guitar every week, in their auction to support the work of Virgin Unite.

To bid on these unparalleled auction packages in support of Virgin Unite visit http://www.ebay.com/virginunite
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone going?
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

Direct Energy Centre? Ew, terrible choice of venue. That's where I write my CFA exams every year, nothing there but drab memories of swap valuations.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Out of my price range and sounds a bit silly. Come on Elvis, Massey Hall is waiting for you.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://isthishappening.typepad.com/blog ... ted-6.html

JUST SPOTTED...

Sir Richard Branson, Dita Von Teese, Elvis Costello and Criss Angel were all just spotted posing for the pap. in Toronto...

http://popgoesthenews.blogspot.com/2007 ... -bell.html

Elvis, hands in pockets...
Man out of Time

Re: T.O. Charity Concert, Nov 12, 2007

Post by Man out of Time »

A brief (40 second) video clip of a solo ''New Amsterdam'' from this charity event, thanks to Aidan Nulman.

Vimeo

If anyone has any more information, including any more for the setlist, please do share.

I need to add this to the Wiki at some point.

MOOT