FREEBIE: Elvis Live at Woodstock '99!

Pretty self-explanatory
High_Water

FREEBIE: Elvis Live at Woodstock '99!

Post by High_Water »

Hey guys!

High_Water here again with another fantastic EC freebie. Today's offering is Woodstock 1999. This audio is from the soundboard and the quality is tops. Here's the setlist:

1. Pads, Paws & Claws -> Mystery Dance
2. Accidents Will Happen
3. (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea
4. New Amsterdam -> You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
5. Veronica
6. I'll Never Fall in Love Again
7. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
8. Radio Sweetheart -> Jackie Wilson Said
9. God's Comic
10. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding?
11. Alison
12. Pump it Up

Winner picked either tonight or tomorrow...

Good luck!

David
Em uh.
-Elvis Costello
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

As much as I would love a copy of this, I think there should be a rule that people who won last time can't win this time.

But that's up to you. If you decide that we can be selfish, I'd love a copy.

As for those of you who want a copy of the Boston show from the current tour, the first three to PM me get a copy (I've already promised copies to a few others). Please, no posting requests here. Let this thread be just for the Woodstock freebie of High Water's.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
High_Water

Post by High_Water »

Sure, why not. If you won the last freebie (2/27/04) you can still enter this one.
Em uh.
-Elvis Costello
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

me!me!me! pick me! pick me!
I love things that are freeeeeeee!
it's the only way to beeeeeeeeee
free, free, freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Nice move

I would not mind it. (that´s an understatement by the way) :D

"when I said I was lying, I might have been lying"
elvisisking63

Post by elvisisking63 »

I would love to be considered for this honor! :P
Mark
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm a slut for Elvis music. :wink:
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

another nice gesture
need a traiding section on this site -- the other site's webmaster is on holiday, so no chance to try to trade for a copy of "Clings Like Ivy"
also jealous of those who got to hear "Talking in the Dark!"
snarling pup

Woodstock 99

Post by snarling pup »

There's a very active EC trading group on yahoo, for those interested.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Highfidelityelvis/
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

oh hell, add me in too.

:)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I have already been gifted by Mr. HighWater, so I'll pass, but wanted to say how nice it is of you to do this. Grazie, stranger!
senior_service

Post by senior_service »

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. Thanks!
WhipsnSpurs

Post by WhipsnSpurs »

I'd love to have my name put in the hat. Thanks!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

hat me please.
signed with love and vicious kisses
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

hat me!!!

i love you highwater.

<3,
s.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

I want in on this
MichaelM

Re: Woodstock 99

Post by MichaelM »

snarling pup wrote:There's a very active EC trading group on yahoo, for those interested.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Highfidelityelvis/
If people haven't checked this trading group out yet, they should. I just joined a couple weeks ago and already have a few great shows. I'm allosmcm over there. Misha's on the trading group and I'm sure there's more from here.

http://bt.easytree.org/index.php

The above is a peer to peer trading network for those with a high speed connection.

I found another site with over 40 Billy Bragg shows. My computer is pretty busy between burning, downloading, and sharing live bootlegs.
sweetest punch

Re: FREEBIE: Elvis Live at Woodstock '99!

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/ ... right.html

‘Woodstock ‘99’ trailer revisits chaotic CNY music festival: ‘Something’s not right’

Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage: https://youtu.be/h62RmIsx6MA

A new documentary is revisiting Central New York’s most infamous music festival.

“Woodstock ‘99: Peace, Love and Rage” is a new HBO film about Woodstock ‘99, held over four days at Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome, N.Y. Directed by Garret Price (”Love, Antosha”) and executive produced by Bill Simmons (”Andre the Giant”), it’s the first release in Simmons’ new “Music Box” series for the platform.

A trailer released Wednesday shows footage from Woodstock ‘99, including bottles being thrown, people dancing in the mud (plus other brown stuff that isn’t mud), fires burning and property being destroyed. Interviews show original Woodstock promoter Michael Lang and 1999 performers like Moby and The Offspring reflecting on the chaos.

“There is a sixth sense that you develop when you spend your life going to venues,” Moby says. “I can tell you a hundred feet away what the energy in that venue’s gonna be like... We got off the bus and I was like, ‘Something’s not right.’”

Woodstock ’99, which aimed to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original Woodstock festival in Upstate New York, was held July 22-25, 1999, with a modern lineup of artists like Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, Ice Cube, KoRn, Jewel, Elvis Costello, DMX and Red Hot Chili Peppers, plus celebrities like “Mini-Me” Verne Troyer and shock jock Howard Stern. Between 250,000 and 400,000 people attended on a site that reportedly shouldn’t have held more than 50,000 people — who had to walk more than a mile to get from the East stage to the West stage to see various acts.

Many issues at Woodstock ’99 were blamed on the heat: Temperatures neared 100 degrees (and felt as hot as 118 on the tarmac) and bottles of water were sold for $4 (though some have claimed prices were higher), leaving little relief for fans who paid $150 (or more) for tickets to a very commercialized event covered by MTV with live pay-per-view.

Kid Rock famously stirred up the audience on Saturday, encouraging them to throw plastic bottles in the air. Fred Durst told people not to “mellow out” like Alanis Morissette and go wild during the song “Break Stuff.” A truck drove through the crowd during Fatboy Slim’s DJ set. And Red Hot Chili Peppers closed out the weekend by covering Jimi Hendrix’s “Fire” as actual fires and riots began breaking out.

By the end of the event, three people died; 700 people were treated for heat exhaustion and dehydration; multiple women reported sexual assault and rape; 44 people were arrested; hundreds of fake passes were confiscated; and multiple cars, tents, booths and ATMs were destroyed.

“There are a lot of stupid humans around here,” one festivalgoer says in the HBO doc trailer.

According to its description, the film also will spotlight the cultural moment of Woodstock ‘99, between the Columbine shooting and the Y2K hysteria, when the angst of a generation galvanized into a seismic shift that partly reflects the issues facing America in 2021.

“Woodstock ‘99: Peace, Love and Rage” will premiere July 23 on HBO Max.

Another Woodstock ’99 docuseries is also reportedly in the works at Netflix from Raw TV, whose credits include the Netflix documentary “Don’t F--k with Cats,” and BBH Entertainment, which released the recent Depeche Mode concert film “Spirits in the Forest.”

A 20-year hangover from Woodstock ’99 may have also helped stir up resistance to Woodstock 50, a golden anniversary festival originally scheduled to take place in Watkins Glen in 2019. The event fell apart when a major investor backed out amid troubles behind the scenes, and efforts to move it to Vernon Downs — less than 20 miles from Rome — were stonewalled by local officials.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.