78’s (from the 25) about to be listed 4sale

Pretty self-explanatory
Podycat

78’s (from the 25) about to be listed 4sale

Post by Podycat »

A friend is about to list her set of Lupe-o-tone 78’s. But was wondering if she should sell them as a set or individually.
What is the consensus on this
Top balcony

Re: 78’s (from the 25) about to be listed 4sale

Post by Top balcony »

This post reminded me of EC's decision to cut the paper containing all the Beatles signatures into 4 so they would fit his autograph book.....

It would be nice if the friend would initially list these on the 'Trading Post' section of this Board to increase the chances of them going to a proper fan, rather than an investor - just saying like.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Absolutely.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Podycat

Post by Podycat »

Top balcony wrote:This post reminded me of EC's decision to cut the paper containing all the Beatles signatures into 4 so they would fit his autograph book.....

It would be nice if the friend would initially list these on the 'Trading Post' section of this Board to increase the chances of them going to a proper fan, rather than an investor - just saying like.
There are real fans everywhere, I would think anyone who wanted these were fans .
Charles

Post by Charles »

How about some more information? Price? Where they’re being listed “4sale”? Condition? Photos? That stuff usually helps.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Podycat wrote:
Top balcony wrote:This post reminded me of EC's decision to cut the paper containing all the Beatles signatures into 4 so they would fit his autograph book.....

There are real fans everywhere, I would think anyone who wanted these were fans .
So that's a "no" then - just picking the brains of fans here and off to ebay or somesuch?
Charles

Post by Charles »

Top balcony wrote:
Podycat wrote:

So that's a "no" then - just picking the brains of fans here and off to ebay or somesuch?
This person posted in the trading post last year and they never replied to my comments or DMs.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Not just me then…
Podycat wrote:There are real fans everywhere, I would think anyone who wanted these were fans .
One of the essences of fan forums are to support fellow fans. For example people with spare gig tickets contact fellow fans either publicly or privately; we share music or spare memorabilia; we share our experiences.

We don’t use each other to gauge how much something might be worth and then go off elsewhere to try and sell it. If it was me I’d be asking if anyone here is interested and follow up on it.

To go back to your initial post the limited consensus seems to be that fans here are interested.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Not just me then…
Podycat wrote:There are real fans everywhere, I would think anyone who wanted these were fans .
One of the essences of fan forums are to support fellow fans. For example people with spare gig tickets contact fellow fans either publicly or privately; we share music or spare memorabilia; we share our experiences.

We don’t use each other to gauge how much something might be worth and then go off elsewhere to try and sell it. If it was me I’d be asking if anyone here is interested and follow up on it.

To go back to your initial post the limited consensus seems to be that fans here are interested.
Hi VG sorry to be a pedant - but in the initial post the consensus question was 'are these more valuable as a set or individually'?
Charles

Post by Charles »

Top balcony wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:Not just me then…

Hi VG sorry to be a pedant - but in the initial post the consensus question was 'are these more valuable as a set or individually'?
As a record collector, EC fan, and someone who wants them, I’d say keep them together.
Podycat

Post by Podycat »

Sorry about not getting back to anyone last year. My friend had weather issues at home & held off. I was asking here if someone on here had an interest would they rather buy 1 of the 2 or the set.
I will post the link For anyone who is interested in buying them , if that is OK. They have not been played, beautiful condition and she feels they should go out into the world.

People part with parts of their collections for many reasons . Owned since they came out in 2010 by a big fan. I have sold off parts of my collectibles to buy concert tickets
Sincerely, Podycat
cwr

Post by cwr »

Don’t break up the set!
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

cwr wrote:Don’t break up the set!
Agreed, they came as a set and both had the same number.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Podycat wrote:Sorry about not getting back to anyone last year. My friend had weather issues at home & held off. I was asking here if someone on here had an interest would they rather buy 1 of the 2 or the set.
I will post the link For anyone who is interested in buying them , if that is OK. They have not been played, beautiful condition and she feels they should go out into the world.

People part with parts of their collections for many reasons . Owned since they came out in 2010 by a big fan. I have sold off parts of my collectibles to buy concert tickets
Sincerely, Podycat
I’ll be playing these for sure!