The Boy Named If nominated for Grammy for Best Rock Album - awards ceremony 5th Feb. 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

The Boy Named If nominated for Grammy for Best Rock Album - awards ceremony 5th Feb. 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/ ... 235171242/

2023 Grammy Nominations: The Complete List
Beyoncé takes charge with nine nominations, followed by Kendrick Lamar with eight and Adele and Brandi Carlile with seven apiece.

(…)
Best Rock Album

For albums containing greater than 50% playing time of new rock, hard rock or metal recordings.

Dropout Boogie, The Black Keys
The Boy Named If, Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Crawler, Idles
Mainstream Sellout, Machine Gun Kelly
Patient Number 9, Ozzy Osbourne
Lucifer on the Sofa, Spoon

(…)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: The Boy Named If nominated for Grammy for Best Rock Album

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Steve Nieve has been posting on social media about being in LA .

It looks like The Imposters will be in town to accompany Elvis at the Grammy Awards ceremony on this Sunday the 5th of Febraury.
bronxapostle

Re: The Boy Named If nominated for Grammy for Best Rock Album - awards ceremony 5th Feb. 2023

Post by bronxapostle »

Great to hear.... hope they win.
sweetest punch

Re: The Boy Named If nominated for Grammy for Best Rock Album - awards ceremony 5th Feb. 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.showbiz411.com/2023/02/04/e ... w-out-show

EXCLUSIVE Adele Will Sing At the Grammys After All, Stevie Wonder Taping a Segment, Plus Notes from Motown Madness Blow Out Show

(…)
What else did I do on Friday? A quick hop over to the ASCAP lumch at the Four Seasons Hotel, where I ran into the great Peter Asher, legendary music exec Dick Wingate, and Jermaine Dupri was the deejay!

This was followed by catching Elvis Costello and the Imposters rehearsing for Clive Davis’s pre-Grammy dinner at the Beverly Hilton. I’m always happy to see Elvis, Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas, Davey Farragher, and guest player Charlie Sexton, who’s also associated with Bob Dylan’s band. Insanely good rocking. And there will be a special guest with them I’ll tell you about tomorrow.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://lufkindailynews.com/anpa/us/202 ... d10a7.html

2023 Pre-Grammy Gala - Show

Elvis Costello performs at the Pre-Grammy Gala on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

He sang Pump It Up and PLU.

It would have been brilliant if he sang some of Olivia Rodrigo’s Brutal in Pump It Up.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

sweetest punch wrote:Best Rock Album

For albums containing greater than 50% playing time of new rock, hard rock or metal recordings.

Dropout Boogie, The Black Keys
The Boy Named If, Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Crawler, Idles
Mainstream Sellout, Machine Gun Kelly
Patient Number 9, Ozzy Osbourne
Lucifer on the Sofa, Spoon
EC lost to Ozzy Osbourne.

Ozzy Osbourne Wins Best Rock Album for Patient Number 9 at 2023 Grammys

"Ozzy Osbourne has won the 2023 Grammy Award for Best Rock Album with Patient Number 9. He won the honor over the Black Keys (Dropout Boogie), Elvis Costello & the Imposters (The Boy Named If), Idles (Crawler), Machine Gun Kelly (Mainstream Sellout), and Spoon (Lucifer on the Sofa). Members of the production team who accepted the award on his behalf gave shoutouts to the late Taylor Hawkins and Jeff Beck for their support of the album."
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Bummer. Next year will be the other year.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Not at ALL disappointed for the loss. Losing to Ozzy? What a crock.

I could only muster the first 30-40 minutes of this stupid pageant, hoping to catch a glimpse of our hero. Every minute was painful. Taylor Swift, needs vegetables thrown at her. Not only her, it was a clown show spectacle all around.

The best part I could say was the dancers during the Stevie Wonder/Smoky Robinson bit. They reminded me of the Dap-Kings with Amy Winehouse. They had it going on. After that I had to turn to watch National Geographic and bottle feeding manatees milk at the Tampa zoo. Made me much happier, in a still depressing way.

Elvis is better than this bullshit. And he knows it. Don't ever go again Elvis. Just stay the fuck away.
Last edited by Arnie on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Arnie wrote: Taylor Swift, needs vegetables thrown at her. Hard and aggressively. Or eggs. Not only her, it was a clown show spectacle all around.
The Grammy's are a circus for sure and one I don't really care for. However, wishing violence against women, that's not a look I care for at all.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Sorry. No violence intended. So I edited out the hard and aggressively part.
cwr

Post by cwr »

It seemed like he & The Imposters were having a good time. I don't know why they wouldn't wanna go again, especially if they ever make another album that gets nominated.

After EC's health scare followed by the pandemic lockdown, my guess is that they're all grateful to be at a big event celebrating music, even if we live in an age where everyone's taste in music is wildly divergent and there is no consensus on who's making "good" music anymore.

(I won't pretend to be super familiar with all the nominated artists but a lot of it seems fun to me even if it's not all stuff that rings my bell, personally. There's very little that actually baffles me as to why a person would enjoy it.)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Good to see them on a world platform.

Why shouldn’t they enjoy it - they seem to be having a blast. I doubt they are taking it that seriously.

Thanks to my teenage daughters I happen to like Taylor Swift as well as other much lesser known artists. Unfortunately it’s not reciprocated as they don’t like Elvis (except they thought the Olivia Rodrigo/Elvis Brutal/Pump It Up mash up was cool) but they occasionally like a track I’m playing.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?