Elvis In Iceland with Steve Nieve and Special Guest, Nick Lowe, May 25-29, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis In Iceland with Steve Nieve and Special Guest, Nick Lowe, May 25-29, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and Steve Nieve are planning "four days and nights of music and adventure" in Iceland with Special Guest Nick Lowe. No more details are available. A complete performance of North seems unlikely.

The promoter (Dreamcatcher Events) has previously held events at the Hotel Nordica Hilton in Reykjavík.

Elvis' only previous concert in Iceland was a solo appearance in Reykjavik in 2012. Details are here: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... f=2&t=8884

MOOT
Attachments
Elvis In Iceland
Elvis In Iceland
313041356_10217479992270900_8499634996939264867_n.jpg (134.56 KiB) Viewed 23944 times
Last edited by Man out of Time on Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis In Iceland with Steve Nieve and Special Guest, Nick Lowe

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Man out of Time wrote:The promoter (Dreamcatcher Events) has previously held events at the Hotel Nordica Hilton in Reykjavík.
There are several previous "Four Days and Nights" events linked on Dreamcatcher's Instagram.

Rufus Wainwright's was also in Iceland:
https://icelandcometh.com/
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://elvisiniceland.com/

YOUR REGISTRATION FOR ELVIS IN ICELAND INCLUDES:

•4 days and nights in Iceland with Elvis, Steve, and Nick!
•Fantastic accommodations at the Grand Hotel in Reykjavik for 4 nights
•Tickets to a private performance by Elvis and Steve exclusively for our group of 100 registrants
•Tickets to Elvis and Nick Lowe concert at Harpa Center on May 28
•An exclusive Q&A with Elvis for our group
•An exclusive Q&A with Nick for our group
•Photos with Elvis, Steve, and Nick
•Signed event poster by Elvis, Steve, and Nick
•All fabulous meals in Iceland
•A tour of Reykjavik including FlyOver Iceland!
•A half-day spa visit to the breathtaking Sky Lagoon
•An all-day Golden Circle tour of the unique and breathtaking Icelandic countryside
•Concerts by some of Iceland’s leading musicians including Systur – Iceland’s most recent entry into the Eurovision Contest!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

This looks amazing!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis In Iceland with Steve Nieve and Special Guest, Nick Lowe, May 25-29, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
geebot

Re: Elvis In Iceland with Steve Nieve and Special Guest, Nick Lowe, May 25-29, 2023

Post by geebot »

Just registered. Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't "Fyre Festival 2023."
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Haha. Looks like some fun will be had based the agenda. A little pricey and a long flight from the West Coast of US. Is it limited to 100 tickets/seats?

I can’t commit just yet or maybe not at all. Too many family obligations which soon will require a separate bank account. Damn! Also, not keen on being shuttles around by bus. Sort of like the open schedule, foot loose and fancy free lifestyle. Although, no doubt this should be a fun trip for serious EC fans.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Sounds amazing, but after buying the 10-night pass and a ticket to the Austin show, a little rich for my blood!
geebot

Post by geebot »

Oddly enough my work calendar made NY impossible. The wife and I were already thinking of an Iceland trip and the dates work well for my schedule.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

geebot wrote:Oddly enough my work calendar made NY impossible. The wife and I were already thinking of an Iceland trip and the dates work well for my schedule.
Perfect!
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview by MARGRÉT ADAMSDÓTTIR published on October 28 at the website of Icelandic state broadcaster RÚV.

"Elvis Costello comes back to Reykjavik

The British musician Elvis Costello will hold four concerts in Reykjavík in May next year, together with other artists. One hundred people can buy a luxury trip to Iceland, including excursions, private shows, food and accommodation, to name a few, but the ticket costs 850 thousand ISK per person based on two people in a room.

"This is Elvis Costello speaking to you from the noise and wind of New York. I have thought for years about when I would go back to Reykjavík, back to Iceland and play for all of us again. Well, it seems that in May 2023 I will return, and I'll be there with Steve Nieve with loads of songs and stories in my luggage. I look forward to seeing you," says Elvis Costello in a recording on his website.

He plans to hold a concerts in Harpa and Gamla bíó between May 25 to 29 next year. Among the performers are Steve Nieve and Nick Lowe, the old-timer rocker, and Systur will also perform.

Costello offers a unique luxury package for 100 foreign guests, which includes flights and accommodation in a Grand Hotel, the best seats in Eldborg, a trip to the Sky Lagoon and the Golden Ring, a sightseeing tour of Reykjavík and a trip to Fly Over Iceland, as well as food. In addition, there are private concerts with Costello and Nieve, chats, and photo shoots, to name a few. This luxury package costs about 850 thousand ISK per person based on two people in a room."

MOOT
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

I'm in! I presumably will have travelled the furthest to get there (from Australia). Doing it on a round-the-world ticket
--Paul--
Now put on your ironic dancing shoes
And dig my brand new rhythm and hues:
https://www.paulinglis.org
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

thepopeofpop wrote:I'm in! I presumably will have travelled the furthest to get there (from Australia). Doing it on a round-the-world ticket
WOW!! Have a great time!
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
thepopeofpop wrote:I'm in! I presumably will have travelled the furthest to get there (from Australia). Doing it on a round-the-world ticket
WOW!! Have a great time!
Thanks!! I've never been to Iceland, but I have been to NYC (and seen EC there) so it seemed like better value.
--Paul--
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I was very tempted by Iceland. I’ve been before and it’s an amazing country but I can’t justify the cost after paying out for a trip to New York for four nights at the Gramercy and then flying to Australia for two nights at Sydney Opera House.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Tickets for the concert at the Harpa Concert Hall:
https://tix.is/is/search/?k=Costello%20
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Post by krm »

Directly from the venue here: https://www.harpa.is/en/elvis-costello
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Offshoreram wrote:
I was very tempted by Iceland. I’ve been before and it’s an amazing country but I can’t justify the cost after paying out for a trip to New York for four nights at the Gramercy and then flying to Australia for two nights at Sydney Opera House.
He's doing three nights at the Sydney Opera House now. I'm only going to one though.
--Paul--
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

thepopeofpop wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:
He's doing three nights at the Sydney Opera House now. I'm only going to one though.
I’d already booked flights to Singapore on the Tuesday as part of the homeward trip before the third date was announced. Still, going to a gig at the Opera House was on my bucket list so seeing Elvis there makes it even more special. I can’t see me doing Oz again so a good way to round it off.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Nextyearsmodel

Post by Nextyearsmodel »

Have tickets for the Harpa gig which you can get easily enough online. My son lives in Iceland so great opportunity for me to meet up with
him and also take him to his first Costello gig.
Would have loved the 4 day gig which looks great but is just too much.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

In the spirit of 'life's too short' and ' sure , fuck it' I've decided to go to Iceland.

The show on Sunday May 28th.
I'm booked to fly in that day .
I return to Dublin on Tuesday May 30th.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

johnfoyle wrote:In the spirit of 'life's too short' and ' sure , fuck it' I've decided to go to Iceland.

That's great, John, I'm sure it will be awesome.
Charles

Post by Charles »

[quote="johnfoyle"]In the spirit of 'life's too short' and ' sure , fuck it' I've decided to go to Iceland.

“fuck it” Words to live by…
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

johnfoyle wrote:In the spirit of 'life's too short' and ' sure , fuck it' I've decided to go to Iceland.

They say "you can't take it with you", so I'm going to Iceland!
--Paul--
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Join Steve Nieve, Elvis Costello & Nick Lowe for 4 Days & Nights in ICELAND:
https://youtu.be/M_CppcOc2S0