10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023 (NOW with COMPLETE residency tally at post one!)

Pretty self-explanatory
Arnie

Re: 10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023

Post by Arnie »

bronxapostle wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:I just checked the other dates I bought and if I had waited for the EC Pre-sale I would have saved $500 over the three nights.

Oh well.

On the plus side, I've got my Virgin Atlantic voucher for the cancelled Las Vegas show so getting to New York is covered.

Everyone should hold off until tomorrow's Live Nation pre-sale is done and then Friday's general public sale is done. It seems to mathematician ba that E has anointed about 50 or so tix per show for these three presale dates yesterday thru Thursday!! Thereby, Friday regular sale will leave about 200-300 per show still available. AVOID THE PLATINUM RIP OFF FOR NOW FOLKS; KEEP THE FAITH AND GOOD LUCK! TRUST ME..... I AM YOUR BRONXAPOSTLE. :lol: :lol:
Help guide me O Apostle! I'm struggling. So you're saying wait for Friday regular sale and order through Elvis Costello official site at 10 a.m. EST? Will this then link to Ticketmaster?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Nooooo I think the EC official is a done deal after this morning pre-sale. Tomorrow I believe you must log in to LIVE NATION rather than its ugly big sister Ticketmaster and their presale code for tomorrow is VENUE! Again I THINK that is the way it is for Thursday. Then I believe Friday will be the dreaded TM but with no need for passwords at all. Stay strong....thy will be done. :D
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

bronxapostle wrote:Nooooo I think the EC official is a done deal after this morning pre-sale. Tomorrow I believe you must log in to LIVE NATION rather than its ugly big sister Ticketmaster and their presale code for tomorrow is VENUE! Again I THINK that is the way it is for Thursday. Then I believe Friday will be the dreaded TM but with no need for passwords at all. Stay strong....thy will be done. :D
Thanks. Trying to stay strong and be very brave, but this whole process leaves me sour. 3 freaking different pre-sales? all with different passwords. Citi's pre-pre-pre sale was with the first 4 digits of the card, Elvis' pre-pre-sale is with the "ELVISNYC", then the Venue's pre-sale is well "Venue" Is that designed to somehow make me feel special or "in-the-know"? De-coder ring for drink more Ovaltine?

I barely survived the process for getting Bruce tickets. Trying to muster the energy to do this one. And I'm a huge fan.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

So you had luck with Bruce? That was the death defying trick of the ticket buying season. Goody on you. I got scounced in too many ways to enumerate....and I don't often like to pull rank but my first E STREET show was May 1976 for $5!!! Elvis' tactic here is surely an approach to avoid the fiasco that was the Bruce on sale dates. I think he and his team have done astonishingly well this week. They obviously took great care and do take my prediction to the bank. Avoid the platinum escalating desire driven pricing thieves (OR WHATEVER TM LABELS THIS SHAM) for another 48 hours and I think that most who exerted their knowledgeable efforts over these four sale dates will be well pleased and say..."GEE WHIZ THAT WAS WORTH IT!"
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Yeah, seeing Bruce in Milwaukee. Will be my first ever Bruce show. Entering the silly lottery to get selected for the privilege to buy and shell out cash 7 months in advance, and for seats located somewhere up in the rafters of an arena. :lol: Looking forward to it though. It is Bruce after all.

Much more looking forward to seeing Elvis in a small venue like this in NYC, playing some rarely played songs . . . . if I can only be so lucky tomorrow morning. Ideally it would be cool to see one solo show and one with Steve. The Feb 10th and 17th songs look most appealing to me as far as songs being played.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yes...I too like the songs slated for the 17th. Truth be told: my OCD reason I want to see that show is it is the only day of the month I never saw him. Oh and that Milwaukee ticket explains your seeming ease in getting it. My joke that week was that we must drive to Oklahoma if we want to see this tour. Enjoy the both Arnie.
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

I’m a longtime EC fan and would pay through the nose (and have) for good seats but I have some reservations about tickets offered through EC website. While they do seem to deserve kudos for keeping the prices reasonable, I have some real concerns about seat location. I paid an exorbitant price for a ‘fan presale’ ticket for the Rooftop at Pier 17 (and was fine with it) until I got the email showing my seat was far to the right (honestly almost an obstructed-view seat). Worse, tickets couldn’t be transferred or resold. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to treat a diehard fan paying top dollar. I emailed the EC website saying as much but got no reply. I don’t know if the sight line’s will be an issue in such a small place, but it’s the principle. Row E is great if your shoulder isn’t against the wall. Fingers crossed they do the right thing by fans.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Okay, I'm locked and loaded for the 10 a.m. EST pre-sale today, but I'm not seeing anything on LiveNation. Just the old pre-sale from before for the $500 tickets. Apostle? Help! 2 minutes to go.
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

Arnie wrote:Yeah, seeing Bruce in Milwaukee. Will be my first ever Bruce show. Entering the silly lottery to get selected for the privilege to buy and shell out cash 7 months in advance, and for seats located somewhere up in the rafters of an arena. :lol: Looking forward to it though. It is Bruce after all.
Ten years ago I saw Bruce in Milwaukee (calculated flying from NYC was cheaper then going to MSG) and we had a great visit to boot! Wonderful art museum, cheese curds and beer, and a statue of Fonzie!
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

Newspaper Pane wrote:After calculating what it will likely cost to get decent seats to 4-5 of the shows, I sprung for the 10-day pass. Seemed like a better value. Am I crazy??
I was able to do the same this morning with Live Nation presale. Definitely affecting my yearly concert budget, but I know I’d regret missing this. Not crazy!
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I figured it out. Scored 2 tickets for Feb 10th. And I Hope, I'm Happy Now. :D :D
Charles

Post by Charles »

I couldn’t be anymore excited as I just snagged a front row 10 pack! I hope everyone is getting what they wanted!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

NEWS FLASH...IT IS AFTER 3 P.M. ON THE THIRD DAY OF PRE SALE AND THE THREE SHOWS I JUST SEARCHED ALL HAVE THE BARGAIN TICKET PRICE OF $152 TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE. in other words. Please do NOT knuckle under and give in to the thieves asking $400 or more!!!

Further update...EVERY SHOW!!! both the opening and closing night as well as the 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 19th and 20th ARE all available after 4:30 p.m. for $152. DONT OVERSPEND....DONT GIVE THE THIEVES YOUR MONEY!!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

got 2 floor seats for $172 each incl. fees
heyhermano

Post by heyhermano »

Bit the bullet and got single tickets for nights 5, 6, and 7 - one in loge ($152), two on the floor for $172.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

As people are posting their happiness having acquired...I too willl chime in here one last time. Contentedly I have the opening and closing nights as well as the 20th in my internet hand ALL before the actual sale in three hours. Nice to see the pre sales work for all our benefit! The loge seat at $152 is a swell deal and I will rest easy with these for now. If my friends are with extras by February, surely I just might step to the plate. But the 3 of 10 is not bad at all. Please read my preceding posts these last two days at this thread if buying today. Do not be forced into buying overpriced tickets when plenty of the equitable face value ones DO remain available. Best to all...see you in '23 on 23rd Street! :D :D
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

I hope I'm not over-hyping it in my mind, but I have a feeling these shows are going to be EPIC. Enjoy, everyone!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Newspaper Pane wrote:I hope I'm not over-hyping it in my mind, but I have a feeling these shows are going to be EPIC. Enjoy, everyone!
I don’t think this event could be overhyped and we are all in for something very special.
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

bronxapostle wrote:As people are posting their happiness having acquired...I too willl chime in here one last time. Contentedly I have the opening and closing nights as well as the 20th in my internet hand ALL before the actual sale in three hours. Nice to see the pre sales work for all our benefit! The loge seat at $152 is a swell deal and I will rest easy with these for now. If my friends are with extras by February, surely I just might step to the plate. But the 3 of 10 is not bad at all. Please read my preceding posts these last two days at this thread if buying today. Do not be forced into buying overpriced tickets when plenty of the equitable face value ones DO remain available. Best to all...see you in '23 on 23rd Street! :D :D
Feeling the same way BA. I scored 2/10 and 2/20. Battered Old Bird is my favorite EC song and I'm elated that I'm guaranteed to finally see it live on 2/10.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Have 5 shows for now. Hoping to settle on a final plan and add or subtract from there. Looking forward to it!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis Tweets: "Limited tickets are available for Elvis Costello "100 Songs and More"! Tickets here: https://tour.elviscostello.com"
New York, Gramercy Theatre dates, February 2023
New York, Gramercy Theatre dates, February 2023
2023-02-00 New York poster 2.jpg (114.91 KiB) Viewed 59840 times
So only four of the ten nights have sold out so far. Interesting.

MOOT
tkoegel

Post by tkoegel »

Can anyone who acquired the 10-night pass explain the "VIP Deck Seating"? I missed the sale but would consider buying in the secondary market. But what do you get with that in terms of seating. From the map on TicketMaster/LiveNation it looks like you are parked off to the side of the stage.
Charles

Post by Charles »

tkoegel wrote:Can anyone who acquired the 10-night pass explain the "VIP Deck Seating"? I missed the sale but would consider buying in the secondary market. But what do you get with that in terms of seating. From the map on TicketMaster/LiveNation it looks like you are parked off to the side of the stage.
I spoke with someone at the venue and they told me that the VIP Deck is limited to like 20 people who purchased the 10 night pass, but the seats are on a first come, first served basis each night. From the looks of it, from previous shows, it’s not a bad place to be and it’s off to the side of the venue seating. Not quite to the side of the stage. The resale prices are absolutely insane. Good luck!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Man out of Time wrote:Elvis Tweets: "Limited tickets are available for Elvis Costello "100 Songs and More"! Tickets here: https://tour.elviscostello.com"

2023-02-00 New York poster 2.jpg

So only four of the ten nights have sold out so far. Interesting.

MOOT
Not including the resale tickets, I count only 37 tickets still available for all ten nights. Not a bad showing at all and I am sure they will all sell out…
tkoegel

Post by tkoegel »

cfm123 wrote:I spoke with someone at the venue and they told me that the VIP Deck is limited to like 20 people who purchased the 10 night pass, but the seats are on a first come, first served basis each night. From the looks of it, from previous shows, it’s not a bad place to be and it’s off to the side of the venue seating. Not quite to the side of the stage. The resale prices are absolutely insane. Good luck!
Thanks, cfm123. Were there/are there 10-night passes with seats in the main section? I have to say the descriptions of these ticket offerings are cryptic to say the least? And agree that the prices are pretty astonishing. I think some 10-night pass (not sure which one) was about $2K originally?