10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023 (NOW with COMPLETE residency tally at post one!)

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: 10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023

Post by bronxapostle »

MOJO wrote:What day is it? Today is Tuesday, right? Presale is tomorrow. I’m clearly not on the ball here. Dang. Might have to wait to score tickets in 2023. Not sure if I can commit to a NYC trip in winter.

Don't blame you...I'm 20 miles from the theater and worried for NY winter weather
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

After calculating what it will likely cost to get decent seats to 4-5 of the shows, I sprung for the 10-day pass. Seemed like a better value. Am I crazy??
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

sweetest punch wrote:10 Day Pass: sold out!
https://tour.elviscostello.com/#/liveev ... eb-09-2023
I just got one with Citi presale code.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:After calculating what it will likely cost to get decent seats to 4-5 of the shows, I sprung for the 10-day pass. Seemed like a better value. Am I crazy??

Nooooo. It was actually a fair deal.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

verbal gymnastics wrote:He’s playing Watch Your Step twice! What a rip off :lol:
EC tweeted that the second song on night 5 is actually "Starting to Come to Me."
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:
Newspaper Pane wrote:After calculating what it will likely cost to get decent seats to 4-5 of the shows, I sprung for the 10-day pass. Seemed like a better value. Am I crazy??

I'll let you know if I can't make some of the shows.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yeah... that's the other good bet about buying the ten pack. We all have enough cohorts that you will surely not get stuck with an extra ticket. We will get it unloaded somewhere for you I trust np! Hope the Imposters do play the last night and that we get your namesake tune.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:He’s playing Watch Your Step twice! What a rip off :lol:
EC tweeted that the second song on night 5 is actually "Starting to Come to Me."
Remember you heard it via me first :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

bronxapostle wrote:

I agree. I bet you’ll want to go to every night.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mr. Hush

Post by Mr. Hush »

Some of the best Elvis concerts I’ve seen have been solo. The Royalty in 1986 and Birmingham in 2010 really stick out in my mind but I seem to have entered some sort of hyper-inflation world or have been transported forward ten years. $2,000 for ten concerts is good value to see mainly one man and a guitar?! Maybe it’s my constrained finances these days. Some nice set lists though.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Mr. Hush wrote: I seem to have entered some sort of hyper-inflation world or have been transported forward ten years. $2,000 for ten concerts is good value to see mainly one man and a guitar?! Maybe it’s my constrained finances these days. Some nice set lists though.

Dear Mr. Hush....

Firstly let me say I fully understand financial restraints and empathize with anyone not in a good place to purchase seats for these ticket prices. I spent most of my adult life trimlining to get all the bills paid. In retirement I am a touch more comfortable. I wish you the best to get to a show and to enjoy.

As an old math assistant teacher....listen to these numbers. If Gramercy holds 499 people and I purchased $129 seats twice then half the seats must be this price and the other half $199. So.....

250 × 130 = 32500
250 x 200 = 50000

$82500 to get the venue paid and the EC staff as well....I am bringing EC net to below the 50k mark per night!!! SURELY OUR GUY DESERVES THIS AMOUNT FOR ANY 2 HOUR PERFORMANCE! He always gives his all.

Please disagree ANYONE who can accurately dispute my numbers. Yes if i lived across the streer i would not be able to afford ten nights. NO FAULT OF ELVIS OR THIS MORE THAN EQUITABLE TICKET PRICING!! Wishing everyone all my very best regards and stay well first and happy next.

Peace in Christ,

Benny
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

I keep getting this message:

"We’re sorry, but all tickets in this section are currently being reserved. However, we are not sold out at this time. Please refresh and try again."

*Grumble*

EDIT: Now they're sold out
whiteknux

Post by whiteknux »

Scored one for Friday the 10th via the EC presale with no issues at all- which has almost never been the case for me when going through LN or Ticketmaster (I see Live Nation has a few outrageously priced official platinum seats for the taking). So excited!!! Hope everyone on here who is planning to going has similar success!
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

Just bought a ticket for the 17th through the Elvis pre-sale and it cost $178 for Floor Row E.

The same row is showing as $414 on Live Nation.

I've definitely paid over the odds for the other three nights I'm going to but what kind of bullshit pricing is this? At least if you buy through the Elvis pre-sale you aren't getting so ripped off.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Offshoreram wrote:Just bought a ticket for the 17th through the Elvis pre-sale and it cost $178 for Floor Row E.

I've definitely paid over the odds for the other three nights I'm going to but what kind of bullshit pricing is this? At least if you buy through the Elvis pre-sale you aren't getting so ripped off.
Good on you - hope they're great for you - we shall expect a full and vivid account , wish I could join you .................
BW
Sulky
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I just checked the other dates I bought and if I had waited for the EC Pre-sale I would have saved $500 over the three nights.

Oh well.

On the plus side, I've got my Virgin Atlantic voucher for the cancelled Las Vegas show so getting to New York is covered.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

Got 1 ticket to 2/9 for $178 and 1 ticket to 2/10 for $234. Looking to save up some money to be able to buy more as we get closer to Feb! Wish I could have justified springing for the 10 day pass, but I just can't swing it at the moment.
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

sulky lad wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:Just bought a ticket for the 17th through the Elvis pre-sale and it cost $178 for Floor Row E.

Good on you - hope they're great for you - we shall expect a full and vivid account , wish I could join you .................
BW
Sulky
Cheers Sulky. Given its a 600 seater I'm glad I got tickets at all, especially the specific dates I wanted.

Trouble is now I'm looking at Sydney Opera House tickets!
cwr

Post by cwr »

Got the 10 night pass.

Since I feel like the 1986 tour (with multiple bands + the spinning songbook) and Meltdown 1995 are events that I still think about (I was too young in 86 and didn't know who EC was then, and was a new fan with no money at all when Meltdown happened), I felt like no past or future version of myself would forgive me if I didn't take the leap for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I am finally going to get to witness him playing my favorite song in concert: "My Dark Life."

Very excited about this.
belfast

Post by belfast »

I was shocked by that too - Live Nation is pretty disgusting but I'm glad EC and his management has a way to get tickets affordably to fans. I got Floor Row E for the first night for $178, and I was ready to settle for a Lodge ticket for $152.

And the 10-night pass (all of them in the center of Row A) REALLY is a deal for those who can afford it, given how much the Row D seats cost even through EC's site. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to make at least a few of those mid-run shows, including one I'd really like to see.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Offshoreram wrote:I just checked the other dates I bought and if I had waited for the EC Pre-sale I would have saved $500 over the three nights.

Oh well.

On the plus side, I've got my Virgin Atlantic voucher for the cancelled Las Vegas show so getting to New York is covered.

Everyone should hold off until tomorrow's Live Nation pre-sale is done and then Friday's general public sale is done. It seems to mathematician ba that E has anointed about 50 or so tix per show for these three presale dates yesterday thru Thursday!! Thereby, Friday regular sale will leave about 200-300 per show still available. AVOID THE PLATINUM RIP OFF FOR NOW FOLKS; KEEP THE FAITH AND GOOD LUCK! TRUST ME..... I AM YOUR BRONXAPOSTLE. :lol: :lol:
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

I missed out on the EC pre sale...sold out. As I don't live in NYC and still work I can't go to all the shows. I'm interested in Feb 14th if someone can't go let me know I'll take two tickets.
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

Is anyone hoping to jump on the Thursday 9/22 10AM Live Nation presale?
Anyone willing to share the code?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

popguynyc wrote:Is anyone hoping to jump on the Thursday 9/22 10AM Live Nation presale?
Anyone willing to share the code?

venue
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

All these various pre-sale dates are confusing as hell. There was one yesterday with Citi, right? Then there is one today? And then the public one tomorrow?

And I tried to buy tickets yesterday with my Citibank card and kept coming up with errors on the site saying my card was invalid, error 5005 or something to that effect. My card is working fine. I re-entered the information multiple times and made sure everything was perfectly correct.

Why is ticket buying such a pain in the ass?