EC & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton - UK Tour, June 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton - UK Tour, June 2022

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Elvis Costello & The Imposters (Steve Nieve - keyboards; Pete Thomas - drums; Davey Faragher - bass & backing vocals), as well as Charlie Sexton, will return to the UK for an extensive run of dates in June 2022.

Ian Prowse will be opening the show, performing songs from his upcoming album. ‘One Hand on the Starry Plough’ will be released 11th February, 2022.

‘The Boy Named If ’ will be released January 14th on EMI. Pre-order the album on any format from Elvis Costello’s official UK store to get exclusive pre-sale access to tickets for the 2022 UK tour. Orders must be placed by 17.00pm GMT on Tuesday, 7th December to be eligible. Pre-sale codes will be emailed out from 18.00pm GMT. The pre-sale starts at 10.00am GMT on Wednesday, 8th December.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters play the following dates:
June 2022

Sun 5th Brighton Dome
Tue 7th Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Wed 8th Newcastle O2 City Hall
Fri 10th Liverpool Philharmonic
Sat 11th Manchester Opera House
Mon 13th Birmingham Symphony Hall
Tue 14th Leicester De Montfort Hall
Thu 16th Oxford New Theatre
Fri 17th Bath The Forum
Sun 19th Portsmouth Guildhall
Mon 20th Swansea Arena
Wed 22nd Ipswich Regent Theatre
Thur 23rd London Eventim Apollo

Public on-sale begins Friday, 10th December at 10am
JONPD

Re: EC & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton - UK Tour, June 2022

Post by JONPD »

There is a presale on Wednesday if you preorder The Boyn Named If. Not sure if that includes pre orders already made.

Although if you click on the link it says no purchase necessary!
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

The local dates, for me, clash with other gigs I've already got tickets for. So it looks like I'll just do Oxford and Hammersmith.

The De Montfort Hall in Leicester, which would be my first choice of venue, have already posted the ticket prices.

Tickets £100.50 £86.50 £76.50 £66.50 £56.50 £51.50

Seem a bit on the steep side
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

JONPD wrote:There is a presale on Wednesday if you preorder The Boyn Named If. Not sure if that includes pre orders already made.

Although if you click on the link it says no purchase necessary!
https://uk-umg.com/vvreg/25395-858090.html?t=1638529587
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The ticket prices are my biggest concern. It was steep in 2020 and, with the 10% “convenience” presale ticket prices at some venues, the cost was over £100.

With other things in June (not least my wedding anniversary on the night of the Leicester gig) I’ll probably only go to Brighton and Oxford which should give me a good chance of meeting them (assuming they are not straight into the bus).
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
migdd

Post by migdd »

Enjoy the shows. This is a great tour!
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

My daughter and I sat in the first row of the loge at Fox Theater in Oakland on November 14th. Fantastic seats -- but all told, with service charges, etc. -- the price came out to $175 per ticket. Crazy.

Nonetheless -- it wasn't exactly a difficult decision.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The ticket prices are my biggest concern. It was steep in 2020 and, with the 10% “convenience” presale ticket prices at some venues, the cost was over £100.
I think you need to get that second job VG - just found James Taylor's doing a short UK tour next year, big venues, Manchester Apollo (3500 seats) few remaining seats are priced range from £238 ($315) front circle to £148 ($196)on the back row, obviously these will be enhanced by booking fees, postage and a million other 'inescapable' charges.

I think this price inflation is inevitable, touring musicians have had very little income over the last 2 years and promoters will want to ensure their increased 'risk' is appropriately rewarded. I guess that the insurance companies will be charging an increased levy too. I remember EC said that all his earnings from his foreshortened 2020 UK tour went on getting his band and crew (plus himself I guess) safely home ahead of schedule as the shutters were quickly coming down on air travel.

My biggest concern is the state of the nation's health and my ability to participate , June 2022 feels an awful long way away.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Liverpool Prices : £99/£85/£75/£65/£55/£50
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

New photo for the tour:

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Pre-sale is at 10:00 GMT tomorrow (8 December). Good luck everyone...

Tickets go on public sale on Friday (10 Dec) at 10:00 GMT.

Maybe the "best" seats will be on offer tomorrow, or maybe not. Time will tell.

MOOT
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Enjoy kids...go at least twice if you can.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

I am hopefully going to get over for a couple of shows but too far off to plan so i have presale code if anyone needs it

v4XCkR

David
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

I bought a £65 balcony ticket for £76.40 in Liverpool pre-sale, code was XAQ5ER
Pars

Post by Pars »

Tickets secured for Manchester & Leicester courtesy of EC’s website pre-sale code.
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

Got tickets in the stalls for Liverpool with the presale code.
It'll be my 5th time seeing EC in Liverpool and my 31st time altogether.
Yes the tickets were expensive but the way I look at it, one day it won't be possible to go and see EC anymore and I'll still be wishing I'd seen him more times.
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The ticket prices are my biggest concern. It was steep in 2020 and, with the 10% “convenience” presale ticket prices at some venues, the cost was over £100.

With other things in June (not least my wedding anniversary on the night of the Leicester gig) I’ll probably only go to Brighton and Oxford which should give me a good chance of meeting them (assuming they are not straight into the bus).

They are high mate. Considering Weller tickets at Southend two weeks ago were £44 and the tickets you bought for Paul Heaton that I went to were under £40.

With my Royal Mail pension I have gone for Hammersmith and Glasgow.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I am worried this is going to bankrupt Sulky.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Mikeh wrote:I am worried this is going to bankrupt Sulky.
Hahaha - I’m not really laughing . However due to some unfortunate circumstances at work, I’m picking up a few extra days ( hopefully) which should cover one gig per day allowing for 2 tickets for Christmas. Having a son based in Manchester and friends in Brum means a lot of people will be awakened in the wee hours in June by me crashing into their house after another gig :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

Was able to get a front row stalls ticket for Swansea.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Via the presale I have two tickets for Liverpool (Row K :(), two tickets for Manchester (Row B :)), two tickets for Birmingham (Row A :) :)) and one ticket for Newcastle (Row F). Might have another try on Friday and see if I can up the tickets to two for Newcastle. Still waiting for the bank to ring and say 'we've noticed an unusually large payment...' :o. So I might have a single Newcastle ticket spare.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

DeathWearsABigHat wrote:Yes the tickets were expensive but the way I look at it, one day it won't be possible to go and see EC anymore and I'll still be wishing I'd seen him more times.
Exactly the way I look at it. When the end comes (as it will for all of us, ultimately) will we want to look back and say 'wasn't it great when I saw Elvis in [insert name of your home town here]?' Or will we want to look back and say 'wasn't it great when I saved that £100 by not going to see Elvis?'
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

The consensus amongst a few of us is how random the allocation of tickets has been . I spread the purchase of my tickets between presale, general availability and the kindness of friends who had privileges with certain theatres and generally the best seats seemed to be available today in the general sale direct from the venues themselves . It makes you wonder what is “promised” in the presale agreement between the venues and Elvis’ record company and management ?
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Hawksmoor wrote:
DeathWearsABigHat wrote:Yes the tickets were expensive but the way I look at it, one day it won't be possible to go and see EC anymore and I'll still be wishing I'd seen him more times.
Exactly the way I look at it. When the end comes (as it will for all of us, ultimately) will we want to look back and say 'wasn't it great when I saw Elvis in [insert name of your home town here]?' Or will we want to look back and say 'wasn't it great when I saved that £100 by not going to see Elvis?'
These comments echo exactly how I feel about this tour. It will be the first EC tour of the UK since I fully retired (in 10 days time). So I'm taking advantage - I'm up to 7 gigs booked so far - like Sulky spread between pre-sale and general availability today.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I got a Theatre Token so went online to book for Manchester. I couldn’t use the token for the online booking but had to ring a phone number. On hold for 1 hour 52 mins before I finally be booked my seat. I suspect that time on hold will be longer than the actual concert.