2021 Live Dates?

Pretty self-explanatory
Arbogast

2021 Live Dates?

Post by Arbogast »

Anyone heard any rumblings as to EC getting back on the road?
sweetest punch

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Post by sweetest punch »

Steve posted this on his Facebookpage on May 11: https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveofficial

I have to find a way to get my 01 visa, to work in the USA, that began ticking away the time in December 2019, to have it’s end date changed. We have to ask the Biden administration to graciously add a year to all work visas granted just before Covid 19 destroyed our possibility to work, and give us all a chance to get the ball rolling again. Whoever has a clue how to do this, please put the knowledge in a comment here. These visas are very costly, especially when you suddenly discover there is 18 months+ that you can’t make use of them. Please Mr Biden can you do something?

——————-
This could mean that Elvis plans to tour in the USA or that the planned recording sessions with Burt Bacharach ( http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... =2&t=11656 ) will go ahead...
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Arbogast wrote:Anyone heard any rumblings as to EC getting back on the road?
Elvis joined The Immobile Tour Backstage this evening, live from his home in Vancouver. He was making positive noises about playing live later this year "probably in the middle of a cornfield", but was not specific about where or when.

Obviously the main festival season in the Northern hemisphere would normally be the next 3-4 months, and that may be problematic, with international travel subject to all sorts of pandemic-related rules and requirements, which can change at short notice. Also the possibility that EC or an Imposter could come down with Covid or need to quarantine at any time. Maybe we will see EC touring with a supporting cast of "substitutes" in case anyone needs to drop out?

Stay positive.

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

To add to the post of Man Out Of Time, Elvis said in The Immobile Tour Backstage:
“We’ll be out there before very much longer. And we’ve got all sorts of wonderful things happening very soon.”
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

With the UK tour, the Cardiff date has been cancelled and people have been refunded.

I still have tickets for Oxford and Birmingham but wondered if they have said the dates are postponed for cash flow reasons. They keep the money and if the dates are cancelled it will be over 2 years since the original payment.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

ice nine wrote:The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?
i think he will stay away from festival appearances throughout the calendar year. if we get his usual small theater venue shows where he is VERY in control of all aspects, perhaps we might get a ten or fifteen show tour. maybe in the USA and the UK too before years end as a measured return of sorts.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:
ice nine wrote:The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?
i think he will stay away from festival appearances throughout the calendar year. if we get his usual small theater venue shows where he is VERY in control of all aspects, perhaps we might get a ten or fifteen show tour. maybe in the USA and the UK too before years end as a measured return of sorts.
If we follow that thinking through, then it may be that we get a solo or maybe just one guest as the fewer people involved, the "safer" it would be. So what odds a Costello/Nieve concert tour? it would facilitate the performance of "Hey Clockface " songs easily and still offer the potential for any of his repertoire to be included . I'd welcome this tour with a joyous and open heart for sure!
krm

Post by krm »

I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

krm wrote:I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.
What no dates in Sweden ??!! :shock:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

krm wrote:I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.

now we're talking. especially after Springsteen has announced the revival of his Broadway performance for thirty shows beginning REAL soon....June 26???
krm

Post by krm »

sulky lad wrote:
What no dates in Sweden ??!! :shock:
Negotiations are - of course - ongoing :D
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

Kansas City date added for August 27. Hopefully more to come!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGv-mqM7z6/
krm

Post by krm »

This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

krm wrote:This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.

noooo, how could KANSAS CITY and gathering Steve, Pete and Davey ALL be a one-off??? keep the faith Kjell
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:
krm wrote:This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.

noooo, how could KANSAS CITY and gathering Steve, Pete and Davey ALL be a one-off??? keep the faith Kjell

oh MY, MY :cry: :cry:
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

My prayer: Please let there be 1) No video backdrop on stage and 2) No backup singers.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Arbogast wrote:I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

My prayer: Please let there be 1) No video backdrop on stage and 2) No backup singers.
The video backdrop doesn't bother me as much as the back-up singers. Talented as they are, they are an annoying distraction.

And don't crucify me, but I kinda wish he would retire PLU and Pump It Up.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Arnie wrote:
Arbogast wrote:I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

The video backdrop doesn't bother me as much as the back-up singers. Talented as they are, they are an annoying distraction.

And don't crucify me, but I kinda wish he would retire PLU and Pump It Up.
just because you have seen them enough, does not mean they will EVER be retired. if you catch a show where one gets left out, count your tiny blessings. i do not mind when they are played and i have seen each over one hundred times i would estimate, ALWAYS welcome to my ears
Man out of Time

Man out of Time wrote:
Elvis joined The Immobile Tour Backstage this evening, live from his home in Vancouver. He was making positive noises about playing live later this year "probably in the middle of a cornfield", but was not specific about where or when.

MOOT
With hindsight, the reference to a cornfield was to the Wizard of Oz, in which Dorothy met the Scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield. And that cornfield was in Kansas.

And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Man out of Time wrote:And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".

MOOT
I wonder if he thought anyone would notice.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

our guy is EVER thinking!!!
Man out of Time

Man out of Time wrote:And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".
And, yes, he played it again with The Layabouts on 27 August.

MOOT