2021 Live Dates?

Pretty self-explanatory
Arbogast
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm

2021 Live Dates?

Postby Arbogast » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Anyone heard any rumblings as to EC getting back on the road?

sweetest punch
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:49 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby sweetest punch » Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 am

Steve posted this on his Facebookpage on May 11: https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveofficial

I have to find a way to get my 01 visa, to work in the USA, that began ticking away the time in December 2019, to have it’s end date changed. We have to ask the Biden administration to graciously add a year to all work visas granted just before Covid 19 destroyed our possibility to work, and give us all a chance to get the ball rolling again. Whoever has a clue how to do this, please put the knowledge in a comment here. These visas are very costly, especially when you suddenly discover there is 18 months+ that you can’t make use of them. Please Mr Biden can you do something?

——————-
This could mean that Elvis plans to tour in the USA or that the planned recording sessions with Burt Bacharach ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11656 ) will go ahead...
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

User avatar
Man out of Time
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: just off the coast of Europe
Contact:

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby Man out of Time » Sun May 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Arbogast wrote:Anyone heard any rumblings as to EC getting back on the road?


Elvis joined The Immobile Tour Backstage this evening, live from his home in Vancouver. He was making positive noises about playing live later this year "probably in the middle of a cornfield", but was not specific about where or when.

Obviously the main festival season in the Northern hemisphere would normally be the next 3-4 months, and that may be problematic, with international travel subject to all sorts of pandemic-related rules and requirements, which can change at short notice. Also the possibility that EC or an Imposter could come down with Covid or need to quarantine at any time. Maybe we will see EC touring with a supporting cast of "substitutes" in case anyone needs to drop out?

Stay positive.

MOOT

sweetest punch
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:49 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby sweetest punch » Mon May 17, 2021 6:49 am

To add to the post of Man Out Of Time, Elvis said in The Immobile Tour Backstage:
“We’ll be out there before very much longer. And we’ve got all sorts of wonderful things happening very soon.”
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

ice nine
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:54 pm
Location: A van down by the river

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby ice nine » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:55 pm

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain

User avatar
verbal gymnastics
Posts: 12690
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am
Location: here at Traitors Gate

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby verbal gymnastics » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 am

With the UK tour, the Cardiff date has been cancelled and people have been refunded.

I still have tickets for Oxford and Birmingham but wondered if they have said the dates are postponed for cash flow reasons. They keep the money and if the dates are cancelled it will be over 2 years since the original payment.
Love is the one thing we can save

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:45 am

ice nine wrote:The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?


i think he will stay away from festival appearances throughout the calendar year. if we get his usual small theater venue shows where he is VERY in control of all aspects, perhaps we might get a ten or fifteen show tour. maybe in the USA and the UK too before years end as a measured return of sorts.

sulky lad
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Out of the kitchen,she's gone with the wind

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby sulky lad » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm

bronxapostle wrote:
ice nine wrote:The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is scheduled to begin October 8. What is the chance Elvis will play?


i think he will stay away from festival appearances throughout the calendar year. if we get his usual small theater venue shows where he is VERY in control of all aspects, perhaps we might get a ten or fifteen show tour. maybe in the USA and the UK too before years end as a measured return of sorts.

If we follow that thinking through, then it may be that we get a solo or maybe just one guest as the fewer people involved, the "safer" it would be. So what odds a Costello/Nieve concert tour? it would facilitate the performance of "Hey Clockface " songs easily and still offer the potential for any of his repertoire to be included . I'd welcome this tour with a joyous and open heart for sure!

User avatar
krm
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:10 am
Location: Sweden Skåne

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby krm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:44 am

I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.

sulky lad
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Out of the kitchen,she's gone with the wind

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby sulky lad » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:09 am

krm wrote:I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.

What no dates in Sweden ??!! :shock:

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 pm

krm wrote:I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.



now we're talking. especially after Springsteen has announced the revival of his Broadway performance for thirty shows beginning REAL soon....June 26???

User avatar
krm
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:10 am
Location: Sweden Skåne

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby krm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 pm

sulky lad wrote:
krm wrote:I don´t think a tour would be feasible. 5 nights solo in NYC + 5 nights solo in London could be a decent start.

What no dates in Sweden ??!! :shock:

Negotiations are - of course - ongoing :D

JerseyPride78
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby JerseyPride78 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:30 am

Kansas City date added for August 27. Hopefully more to come!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGv-mqM7z6/

User avatar
krm
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:10 am
Location: Sweden Skåne

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby krm » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm

This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 pm

krm wrote:This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.



noooo, how could KANSAS CITY and gathering Steve, Pete and Davey ALL be a one-off??? keep the faith Kjell

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:10 pm

bronxapostle wrote:
krm wrote:This is really great news. I really hope this is not just a one off thing.



noooo, how could KANSAS CITY and gathering Steve, Pete and Davey ALL be a one-off??? keep the faith Kjell




oh MY, MY :cry: :cry:

Arbogast
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby Arbogast » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

My prayer: Please let there be 1) No video backdrop on stage and 2) No backup singers.

Arnie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby Arnie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 am

Arbogast wrote:I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

My prayer: Please let there be 1) No video backdrop on stage and 2) No backup singers.


The video backdrop doesn't bother me as much as the back-up singers. Talented as they are, they are an annoying distraction.

And don't crucify me, but I kinda wish he would retire PLU and Pump It Up.

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:31 am

Arnie wrote:
Arbogast wrote:I'm sure it'll be at least a short tour.

My prayer: Please let there be 1) No video backdrop on stage and 2) No backup singers.


The video backdrop doesn't bother me as much as the back-up singers. Talented as they are, they are an annoying distraction.

And don't crucify me, but I kinda wish he would retire PLU and Pump It Up.


just because you have seen them enough, does not mean they will EVER be retired. if you catch a show where one gets left out, count your tiny blessings. i do not mind when they are played and i have seen each over one hundred times i would estimate, ALWAYS welcome to my ears

User avatar
Man out of Time
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: just off the coast of Europe
Contact:

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby Man out of Time » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:29 am

Man out of Time wrote:
Elvis joined The Immobile Tour Backstage this evening, live from his home in Vancouver. He was making positive noises about playing live later this year "probably in the middle of a cornfield", but was not specific about where or when.

MOOT


With hindsight, the reference to a cornfield was to the Wizard of Oz, in which Dorothy met the Scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield. And that cornfield was in Kansas.

And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".

MOOT

User avatar
verbal gymnastics
Posts: 12690
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am
Location: here at Traitors Gate

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby verbal gymnastics » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Man out of Time wrote:And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".

MOOT


I wonder if he thought anyone would notice.
Love is the one thing we can save

bronxapostle
Posts: 4534
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby bronxapostle » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:23 pm

our guy is EVER thinking!!!

User avatar
Man out of Time
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: just off the coast of Europe
Contact:

Re: 2021 Live Dates?

Postby Man out of Time » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 am

Man out of Time wrote:And on the same theme, I see that the every time Elvis has played the Uptown Theatre in Kansas City (MO), he has played "Red Shoes".


And, yes, he played it again with The Layabouts on 27 August.

MOOT


Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests