Elvis contributes to The Alan Hull Story (BBC)

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis contributes to The Alan Hull Story (BBC)

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.google.be/amp/s/www.prolifi ... ning%3famp

BBC England adopts “new approach to TV commissioning”

(...)
Fog on the Tyne: The Alan Hull Story (w/t) is being made by Daisybeck Studios and explores the story of the singer and songwriter from Geordie super-group Lindisfarne.

Hull was dubbed ‘the Geordie Dylan’ for his wide range of classic tracks in the 1970s.

Contributors include Sting, The Unthanks, Elvis Costello, Kay Greyson and Mark Knopfler.
(...)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis contributes to The Alan Hull Story (BBC)

Post by johnfoyle »

sweetest punch

Re: Elvis contributes to The Alan Hull Story (BBC)

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/ala ... am-fender/

Mark Knopfler, Sting, And More In New Sam Fender-Hosted Documentary On Alan Hull
‘Lindisfarne’s Geordie Genius – The Alan Hull Story’ also includes contributions from fellow admirers such as Peter Gabriel, Elvis Costello, and Dave Stewart.

A new BBC documentary about the late Alan Hull, frontman and songwriter of much-loved British folk-rock pacesetters Lindisfarne, will be broadcast by BBC4 on November 26, with contributions from Mark Knopfler, Sting, and many others.

Lindisfarne’s Geordie Genius – The Alan Hull Story is presented by the current, chart-topping Geordie from the same north-east region of England as Hull, Sam Fender. It includes memories from his fellow stars of north-eastern roots, Knopfler, Sting, and Dave Stewart, as well as other admirers such as Peter Gabriel and Elvis Costello. In 2020, Fender released his version of Hull’s heart-rending “Winter Song” in aid of street newspaper The Big Issue.

(…)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.