Elvis on Popopop, France Inter, December 4, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis on Popopop, France Inter, December 4, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

Radio interview with Elvis with a lot of interesting news: https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/po ... mKQTd2n0vA

Also a podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/be/podcast/e ... 51317&l=nl

(...)
BREAKING POPOPOP NEWS :

Elvis Costello publiera très prochainement des productions spécialement enregistrées pour la France... et il nous offre un extrait d'une chanson, écrite pour Johnny Hallyday mais jamais enregistrée, peu de temps avant sa mort.

(...)

—————————-
Google translation:

BREAKING POPOPOP NEWS:

Elvis Costello will soon publish productions specially recorded for France ... and he offers us an extract of a song, written for Johnny Hallyday but never recorded, shortly before his death.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis on Popopop, France Inter, December 4, 2020

Post by And No Coffee Table »

sweetest punch wrote:Radio interview with Elvis with a lot of interesting news
I wish I could understand it!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

These are the most interesting parts from this long interview:
- About the song The Last Confession Of Vivian Whip: it was first recorded as a duo with Steve. The other musicians added their parts later.
- About Steve’s playing: in the recordings they made after Hey Clockface Steve plays like never heard before, completely uninhibited.
- About future reissues: each album can have it’s own format, you can’t have a big box like Armed Forces Super Deluxe for every reissue. The illustrations made that the format is 12” x 12”. When arriving at the albums that are recorded in digital times (CD’s), the format could be anything as long as you can stick it in a computer, Elvis jokingly said.
- About the Painted From Memory Compilation: After talking about the format of future reissues, Elvis immediately starts about the work they are doing on the Painted From Memory Compilation. I got the impression that this compilation will be part of the next reissue. Elvis and Burt have new recording sessions planned and Elvis hopes that this compilation will be released next year.
- About A Face In The Crowd: they are rewriting certain scenes because they have a new actor who gives new musical possibilities.
- About Spanish Model: the fact that these song are translated in another language and sung by Spanish speaking artists from all generations, for instance sung by a young girl, give these songs complete new interpretations.
- About other translations of his songs: Elvis gives a scope away: soon the first of a series of recordings aimed at the Frech public will come out. It will be songs from Hey Clockface.
- About Johnny Hallyday’s recording of Adieu Paris, L’ envie Des Etoiles: Davey Farragher played on the last sessions from Johnny Hallyday. It seems that Johnny rehearsed the song, but never came to recording it, being sick.
- About Charles Aznavour liking his version of the song She: Elvis didn’t know if Charles liked his version. He has only met Charles once at a hommage at Sting.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Thanks for the summary!