New song "Phonographic Memory", August 28, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

Re: New song "Phonographic Memory", August 28, 2020

Post by Hawksmoor »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Maybe its just me this isnt very good and I doubt I will bothered listening to it again
In fairness, I think it's more clever and interesting than actually 'good', but that's fine - I think that about 20 or 30 EC tracks (including several on North if I'm really putting my cards on the table). But I still listen to them occasionally to marvel at how clever and innovative he is. Then I put on 'High Fidelity' and do a stupid Dad-dance around the lounge. It's all good. :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hawksmoor - I think you are probably a younger better looking better dancing version of me. Whether you take that as a compliment is up to you. No doubt others (one in particular :lol:) will have something to say about this!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Hawksmoor - I think you are probably a younger better looking better dancing version of me. Whether you take that as a compliment is up to you. No doubt others (one in particular :lol:) will have something to say about this!
Hawksmoor just sounds like our sort of chap !
Couldn't agree more with you both ( not about the dancing but about the track!)
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Hawksmoor wrote:
sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Maybe its just me this isnt very good and I doubt I will bothered listening to it again
In fairness, I think it's more clever and interesting than actually 'good', but that's fine - I think that about 20 or 30 EC tracks (including several on North if I'm really putting my cards on the table). But I still listen to them occasionally to marvel at how clever and innovative he is. Then I put on 'High Fidelity' and do a stupid Dad-dance around the lounge. It's all good. :D
North is a masterpiece and I will fight its corner every day of the week. It has become a family tradition at Christmas that I sit in the dining room candles on and listen to North with a nice bottle of red and a couple of cigars after dinner when the rest of the family are watching TV.

Plus I think I am not a bad dad dancer even though I am now a grandad :D :D Although I would struggle to dance to Elvis unless its copying the marvellous moves in the Cant stand up for falling down video :D
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:North is a masterpiece and I will fight its corner every day of the week. It has become a family tradition at Christmas that I sit in the dining room candles on and listen to North with a nice bottle of red and a couple of cigars after dinner when the rest of the family are watching TV.
What a brilliant tradition! Thanks for this heartwarming glimpse into the Sheep household - I can almost smell the cigars.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

North is definitely a late night cold winter’s night listen. I’ve been there with North. Red wine, rain drops.. it’s cool album.
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Very interesting indeed. Takes me back to the days of discovering the great tracks tucked away on the B sides of 45s & cd singles.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
Lester Burnham

Post by Lester Burnham »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:
Hawksmoor wrote:
North is a masterpiece and I will fight its corner every day of the week. It has become a family tradition at Christmas that I sit in the dining room candles on and listen to North with a nice bottle of red and a couple of cigars after dinner when the rest of the family are watching TV.
This was so evocative, thank you. It reminded me of when I first listened to North – it was the first new EC album released since I'd become a fan – and it just brought me back to 17 (!!!) years ago, a stranger, more emotional time when 20-year-old me wanted to emulate the sad, broken man trudging through the rain on the album sleeve.

Phonographic memory, indeed...