Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Steve Nieve - The Daily Improvisation

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... _tn__=kC-R

Steve Nieve posts on June 18 at 13:31

I'm taking a year off the road, thanks to the bats and the pangolins, and looking to go into producing soundtracks for movies. It's true, many productions have been halted, but let's not let that put us off the trail. Checking my inbox now.
expediteur@aol.com
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... _tn__=kC-R

Steve Nieve posts on June 18 at 13:31

I'm taking a year off the road, thanks to the bats and the pangolins, and looking to go into producing soundtracks for movies. It's true, many productions have been halted, but let's not let that put us off the trail. Checking my inbox now.
expediteur@aol.com
This is so morbidly stated!! I know the likelihood is slim, but I'll retain hope that my March 1st SQUEEZE show is NOT my last of 2020.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Day 59.1 "Father's Day Special" - a special "out of the blue" concert, only on Instagram:
Sunday 21 June

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBtjuV9IdPY/

Setlist:
  • 00:25 Instrumental piece
    03:40 Father & Son
    07:24 Hackensack
    10:45 Gold In Them Hills
    15:40 New Song of AJUQ's
    20:53 Roads
    25:45 Birds
    29:28 Take Me Home, Country Roads
    35:15 Country Darkness
At the close AJUQ promised that more information on future shows would be forthcoming, and that show 60 (which this wasn't) would be "special". So watch this space...

MOOT
Man out of Time

Announcement today, from a beach somewhere on the French coast, that show 59.2 (ie not the 60th show, although in practice the 61st show), will be at 11pm French time on Saturday 11 July, so 10pm BST and 5pm in New York, you can work out the rest for yourself.

a.j.u.q Instagram

Suggestions for songs to play for AJUQ's birthday (which is that day) to Steve, or AJUQ.

This rather implies no shows between now and then, or else what would they be called - 59.15?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveofficial/
https://youtu.be/uIgBNQJmTtc

THE IMMOBILE TOUR IS BACK FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY
IF YOU WANT TO BE INVITED ON SCREEN
YOU MUST WRITE TO US FOR YOUR ZOOM CODE

You are all welcome to Ajuq’ birthday party on Sunday at 10pm UK time
11pm French time, at 5pm NY time, at 4pm Mexico City time
and at 2pm Los Angeles time etc etc
We have amazing music guests
My Darling Clementine
We will celebrate their new EP
Country Darkness Volume 2
The Songs of Elvis Costello
So happy to welcome you all back
For this edition 59.2 of The Immobile Tour..
IF YOU WANT TO BE INVITED ON SCREEN
YOU MUST WRITE TO US FOR YOUR ZOOM CODE
theimmobiletour@gmail.com
put zoom code for 59.2 as the subject PLEASE
IF NOT JUST WATCH AS USUAL
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Man out of Time

Day 59.3 will be on Thursday July 17th at 21:00 BST.

Steve is inviting suggestions for Elvis Costello songs with the theme of "Jealousy" - so that gives you a lot of options. Emails to the usual address: theimmobiletour@gmail.com

It seems the Zoom experiment is over for now, so back to FB live and Instagram to view proceedings. My own experience of Zoom for AUJQ' s birthday event was not brilliant. The early songs were marred by at least one Zoom novice who failed to notice that her mic was unmuted and proceeded to have a conversation with someone else off-screen, talking over Steve and AJUQ. Eventually her chatter got too much and I bailed. She was immune to comments in the chat asking everyone to mute, and to PMs I sent her asking her to do the same. I guess not knowing how to view the chat screen comes with not knowing how to mute....

Day 60 of the Immobile Tour and any Patreon option seems a way off still....

MOOT
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Man out of Time wrote:Day 59.3 will be on Thursday July 17th at 21:00 BST.

Steve is inviting suggestions for Elvis Costello songs with the theme of "Jealousy" - so that gives you a lot of options. Emails to the usual address: theimmobiletour@gmail.com

It seems the Zoom experiment is over for now, so back to FB live and Instagram to view proceedings. My own experience of Zoom for AUJQ' s birthday event was not brilliant. The early songs were marred by at least one Zoom novice who failed to notice that her mic was unmuted and proceeded to have a conversation with someone else off-screen, talking over Steve and AJUQ. Eventually her chatter got too much and I bailed. She was immune to comments in the chat asking everyone to mute, and to PMs I sent her asking her to do the same. I guess not knowing how to view the chat screen comes with not knowing how to mute....

Day 60 of the Immobile Tour and any Patreon option seems a way off still....

MOOT

THAT sounds like a NIGHTMARE!!! :shock: :shock:
Man out of Time

So Day 59.3 was on the theme of "Jealousy" - watch (again) on FB here:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=297871228029259

This was the setlist (original artist in brackets):
  • 00:00 Alison (EC)
    04:27 Satellite of Love (Lou Reed)
    10:45 Jealous (Labrinth)
    15:24 Jealous Guy (John Lennon)
    21:00 The Profit Of Happiness (Steve Nieve)
    29:36 We Need Jealousy (Marc Almond)
    33:26 High Fidelity (EC)
    36:50 Every Breath You Take (The Police)
    40:56 I Want You (EC)
    50:36 No Action (EC)
    54:02 Instrumental (Steve?)
Two "Parish notices" of note:

i) The 60th and final date of the Immobile Tour will be on Sunday July 26 at 22:00 (French time). Special guests are promised but not yet named - being a Sunday, there could be some EC involvement.
ii) The new subscription "club" that will provide access to future online events, plus backstage privileges when Steve and/or AJUQ get back to touring will launch today (July 17) at noon Los Angeles time, at http://www.stevenieve.com. There will be different pricing options but essentially it gives access to a private FB group where Steve promises "at least 2 shows a month" presumably much in the style of the Immobile Tour.

One further thing, that Muriel mentioned, which is presumably a "best guess" at this stage is that there will be no more physical concert dates (irl) until April/May 2021.

So now we know.

MOOT
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Man out of Time wrote:So Day 59.3 was on the theme of "Jealousy" - watch (again) on FB here:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=297871228029259

This was the setlist (original artist in brackets):
  • 00:00 Alison (EC)
    04:27 Satellite of Love (Lou Reed)
    10:45 Jealous (Labrinth)
    15:24 Jealous Guy (John Lennon)
    21:00 The Profit Of Happiness (Steve Nieve)
    29:36 We Need Jealousy (Marc Almond)
    33:26 High Fidelity (EC)
    36:50 Every Breath You Take (The Police)
    40:56 I Want You (EC)
    50:36 No Action (EC)
    54:02 Instrumental (Steve?)
Two "Parish notices" of note:

i) The 60th and final date of the Immobile Tour will be on Sunday July 26 at 22:00 (French time). Special guests are promised but not yet named - being a Sunday, there could be some EC involvement.
ii) The new subscription "club" that will provide access to future online events, plus backstage privileges when Steve and/or AJUQ get back to touring will launch today (July 17) at noon Los Angeles time, at http://www.stevenieve.com. There will be different pricing options but essentially it gives access to a private FB group where Steve promises "at least 2 shows a month" presumably much in the style of the Immobile Tour.

One further thing, that Muriel mentioned, which is presumably a "best guess" at this stage is that there will be no more physical concert dates (irl) until April/May 2021.

So now we know.

MOOT
Thanks for the updates -
wonder if that mean there may be some shows in April which will include Birmingham and Oxford where they still haven't disclosed either postponement or cancellation details ! I bought a single ticket for me at the Symphony Hall and then my son asked to come so I upgraded to more expensive ones via a legalised tout service (!) and I reckon I'm owed over £400. Still, it's just reassuring to know that the interest rates are low so that means they're not creaming a huge profit from my money :evil:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.stevenieve.com/immobiletourbackstage

How do I join the Immobile Tour Backstage?
It's simple...step one you go to http://www.stevenieve.com/immobiletourbackstage
and choose your subscription $10 a month or $80 a year.
Step two, search on Facebook - the immobile tour backstage - it's a private group that you ask to join. As soon as we confirm you have subscribed we will invite you 'home'..
Show #60 will be on as soon as we have 200 members. When you join the only question you have to answer is "who referred you?"
Try to refer some of your friends to the club, we are looking into a special reward for people who refer 6 or more new members to our community. More on this later...
Thank you all for your tremendous support,
Our very best,
Muriel, Ajuq and I
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... =3&theater

Is it Fatima Kreuzberg who created this drawing of us three? Is it Show #60? Is it songs that pose questions? What’s so Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding? Can we give you a time, when we have spoken to our special guest? How can I see the show? Will there be a backstage party?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

8 seconds in the control room with Burt Bacharach, Elvis Costello, the Imposters and the brilliant Sebastian Krys. You can hear Sebastian talking live to Ajuq tomorrow on “Wednesday’s Are Mine”, here on Instagram/Ajuq.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

A conversation with Sebastian Krys who produced “Look Now” and so many wonderful records including some songs by my friend Ajuq. Promises to be an enlightening “Wednesday’s Are Mine”. Go watch at 9pm Uk time in half an our on insta/Ajuq
Man out of Time

Re: Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

So the 60th show was on Sunday July 26th. It was actually the 63rd show (at least) because Steve slipped in three shows between 59 and 60 and also an introductory show for the Immobile Tour BackStage. On FaceBook, Steve had this to say about the Immobile Tour:

"We created The Immobile Tour when countries around the world began to lock down their populations in an attempt to stop the spread of coronavirus.. Something along the lines of alternative healthcare prompted us to give 60+ free concerts on Facebook and Instagram, and in the process build a community of friends with perhaps one interest in common - the work of Elvis Costello. Day after day we were gathering more friends around us. The messages we were receiving were making it impossible to stop, we have to admit that for ourselves, they were and still are, magical moments and a help, especially when we musicians can't do Live concerts in public. Ajuq and I built an eclectic repertoire, re-inventing popular songs, and Costello's work in stripped bare arrangements piano- drums - vocals. Songs I played all my life, and that I would miss so much if I stopped playing. The reality today is that this Pandemic doesn't stop, and we understand that there might be no live gigs until April or May 2021. So we continue, but under a new mode. We would love to receive in return the support of those who love and appreciate our concerts, our style and this platform where they meet each other in such a friendly warm community. So whoever wants to access the next sixty shows, in our home, here or there, wherever we are, and therefore sometimes traveling with us, everyone will take a subscription on http://www.stevenieve.com and request to be admitted into the Immobile Tour Backstage. This club is for all our friends who have been so faithful and for future visitors who want to share this incredible exchange of friendship. So watch out soon for Concerts Laughter Prestigeous Guests and the scenography of Muriel who will speak to everyone as if they were just beside."

So the setlist for the 60th show (on the theme of Questions) was thus:

01. Why? - Steve
02. Wouldn't It Be Nice - Steve, Muriel & AJUQ (snippet)
03. Where Is Love? - Steve (snippet)
04. Where Did Your Heart Go? - Steve (snippet)
05. (Where Do I Begin?) Love Story - Steve, Muriel & AJUQ
06. How? - Steve
07. Ou Est Vrai? - AJUQ & Steve
08. Why Can't A Man Stand Alone? - AJUQ, Steve & Muriel
EC rings in
09. How Deep Is The Red - EC
10. Do You Believe In Magic- EC
11. Is Your Love In Vain? - EC
12. Honey, Are You Straight Or Are You Blind?- EC & Steve
13. Do You Know What I'm Saying? - EC
14. Why Won't Heaven Help Me? - Steve
15. Does Your Doll Speak - EC
EC rings off
16. One Of Us - Steve, Muriel & AJUQ
17. One More Light - Steve & AJUQ
EC rings back in
18. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - EC & Steve
EC rings off
19. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - Steve, Muriel & AJUQ

"Does Your Doll Speak" was a premiere of a song from "A Face In The Crowd". In amongst the songs, Elvis told a few stories, including a couple about being "backstage", including an occasion when he wound up backstage at a Dylan concert, having been given Barbra Streisand's seat. No date has been set for the next ITB show. The page to sign up is here: https://www.stevenieve.com/immobiletourbackstage.

MOOT
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Nice setlist. Did anyone see it?
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
Man out of Time

It would also be remiss to omit to mention The Immobile Tour BackStage "Welcome Party" which took place on Friday July 24.

This was available only to subscribers to The Immobile Tour BackStage (ITB). The setlist was as below, but a lot of the time was spent talking about the idea for the subscription service and plans for the future, including the limitations of FaceBook as a platform for this sort of event.
Immobile Tour BackStage Welcome Party setlist
Immobile Tour BackStage Welcome Party setlist
ITB Welcome Party Setlist .jpg (109.07 KiB) Viewed 85563 times
Steve also mentioned that they will have a show on August 23 with Chris Difford as a Special Guest.

MOOT
Man out of Time

No tour would be complete without the accompanying t-shirt and the Immobile Tour is no exception.

This enterprising German designer offers this design in different styles/genders of t-shirts and hoodies and even a drawstring bag. The site does not ship to the USA, but perhaps prospective American customers could buy through a friend in Europe who could send items on...

Nighttime Improv
The Immobile Tour t-shirt
The Immobile Tour t-shirt
original-zeichnung-aus-fatimas-skizzenbuch.jpg (35.39 KiB) Viewed 84874 times
For the avoidance of any doubt, I am not the vendor.

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Or the model! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

EC will join steve tonight!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

EC played
- Sugar Won’t Work
- Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter
- Sweets For My Sweet
- So Like Candy

Elvis told that he was keeping on working on A Face In The Crowd, speaking with choreographers, actors, ... ‘by wire’.

He revealed also recent recording sessions with Steve ‘by wire’ (“without being specific”).
Last edited by sweetest punch on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man out of Time

Building on what Sweetest Punch has said about last night's Immobile Tour webcast, and with the benefit of being able to replay the show, and transcribe it, here are some of the more significant parts of Elvis's chat with Steve:

Elvis: “Diana’s new record is not available in physical format. Hoping that when our record comes out, in a little over a month, that they will be able to place them in people’s hands. The first of our Parisienne adventures has seen the light of day, since we last spoke and we previewed the song didn’t we, a long long time ago in the spring, we played “Hey Clockface”. It’s really wonderful to see it out there and people get the surprise of the big difference in sound, from the things I recorded earlier in the year in Helsinki and what we’ve been scheming.

And I’m not going to give the game away, but folks you know watch this space when it comes to this Parisienne adventure, because there’s lots of good stuff. For myself I love this idea of just keep working as best we can, doing things like this, sending pieces of music out into the world, occasionally getting to do similar link ups. I connected with our pal Chris Difford last weekend, and we had a very jolly chat and I sang a few songs, he was linking up with people all over the place. He’s a veritable Cliff Michelmore. "

Steve: "We have to experiment with Zoom. We have not really understood how it works really. "

Elvis: “Some of the big events of this summer, have had to take place in the gala form. I contributed a while ago to a gala for The Public Theatre where we were hoping to be staging A Face In The Crowd by now, and that gala is going to be, what you would call it, broadcast - issued online, so some of those things were done a while ago, some would have been newly done. I got to sing a song on that and tell people that that show is still coming. Because of these connections, we are able to move the process forward, it is not as satisfying as rehearsing or making music in person, but you can at least communicate and we can work with all the people you would have to work with in production of a stage show in advance, that is the designers, choreographers we can talk about ideas and work with the actors, remotely.

Again, not as convenient as being in a room, but as you and I know, with the work we’ve done, over this last little while, without making too many specifics here, it is completely possible to record with, I believe, greater freedom than ever, because you know what, I find when I’m working alone, and working on something in a recording, that might be made for a special occasion, you don’t have the fear that you have when you’re in the room with four other people and you might almost be afraid to try something crazy in case you mess it up and ruin everyone else’s performance. When you can just do it over, if it doesn’t come off, it’s not the end of the world, we’ve leaving ourselves open to greater happy accidents. Anything that shows a sign of life I think, is a good thing right now for myself. “

“Those that saw us on that English tour. When we went out for an encore, that night in Hammersmith, the last show we played and I suggested we play Hurry Down Doomsday, (The Bugs Are Taking Over). It seemed like a joke at the time, it seemed like “let’s chase these shadows away with this song” but now it doesn’t seem so funny. We couldn’t have known that. But I am confident we will be out there, eventually and in the meantime we just have to keep playing and communicating the way you’ve done so generously, try and reach out, and we can send music out via these means, whether it’s music that you just hear one time in a performance like this, where it’s maybe not even that perfect sound or we get a broken connection sometimes and that’s frustrating

Or we can actually finish music, to a very high degree, and you’ve actually got nothing to stop you except your own will, if you’ve nothing to say or sing, so I hope we can find that. “

So I take from this the following:

- vinyl copies of Hey Clockface may be in short supply on the release date.
- There may be more to come from Les Studios Saint Germain sessions beyond the nine tracks on Hey Clockface
- A Face In The Crowd may be staged at Carnegie Hall (does that seem possible)? Work on the production continues as best it can in the current circumstances.
- Elvis has been writing and recording in lockdown - producing work such as "Shut Him Down".

MOOT
Last edited by Man out of Time on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Man out of Time wrote: - A Face In The Crowd may be staged at Carnegie Hall (does that seem possible)? Work on the production continues as best it can in the current circumstances.

MOOT
I think Elvis is talking about The Public Theatre: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... =2&t=11528.
The gala was planned to take place on June 1, but is postponed to October 20: https://publictheater.org/support-us/ev ... event2020/
Last edited by sweetest punch on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

I'm a bit unclear on the availability of SN's Immobile Tour broadcasts these days? Where can I see them? Are they on You Tube? If not, why not?