Spectacle

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Spectacle

Post by ice nine »

Been re-watching the first season. What's the chances he'll do more shows? We need more.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
emotional_fascism076

Re: Spectacle

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

I have both seasons and really enjoy the show but I think that's all we'll get. I thought I read somewhere that a more episodes were supposed to follow but it never happened.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Just binge watched season 2 over the weekend. Still the best! I listened through my new $500 pair of Grado headphones. The magnificent sound of the Grados only added to the experience.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

emotional_fascism076 wrote:I have both seasons and really enjoy the show but I think that's all we'll get. I thought I read somewhere that a more episodes were supposed to follow but it never happened.
There's some information on the Wiki page, including this from Elvis in 2010:

'At the moment, we're waiting to see whether we go forward with the same sort of degree of confidence; I don't want to do something that's inferior. And it is difficult. If you look at the list of the people that we did [in the first two seasons], and then you think of some of the people that people might theorize that you would like to get, well, it's whether they would want to do it, you know? And I know that with some of the people that you'd love to speak to, there are reasons why they don't feel right about doing something like Spectacle, or the timing isn't right in their life and career. So I think that it's got to be in the right circumstances'.

So I'm guessing that ship has long since sailed. A shame in some ways. He turned out to be a much better interviewer than I expected! Some of the performances were incredible, and some of the collaborations were lightning in a bottle in terms of their ever happening again. I'm sure he wouldn't rule out a similar exercise, or at least more TV work, at some point, but it would probably be a different thing from Spectacle?