Elvis & The Imposters play Symphony Hall, Birmingham, March 18, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters play Symphony Hall, Birmingham, March 18, 2020

Post by Man out of Time »

The JustTrust UK 2020 tour concludes at the wonderful Symphony Hall in Birmingham on Wednesday March 18, 2020. This will be Elvis's eleventh appearance at Symphony Hall and the fourth Imposters' show there. Given the venue only opened in 1991 this is a testament I think to the acoustic qualities of the venue and its great sight-lines.

Currently the area around Symphony Hall is a building site, but hopefully things will have improved by March.

In the lead up to announcing details of the UK Tour, Elvis tweeted a series of images on Twitter as clues to the venues. This clue is a Belgian cinema poster (in French and Dutch) for the 1968 Clive Donner directed comedy "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush". The film is based on a novel by Hunter Davies, better known for his authorised biography of The Beatles. It was meant to point to Birmingham, although you may be unsurprised to learn that no one on the Fan Forum guessed that.
Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush
Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush
02.jpeg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 22670 times
According to Elvis, this image was a clue to Birmingham band - The Spencer Davis Group, who provided the soundtrack.

The website Whatsonlive has this to say about the show...

"Elvis Costello & The Imposters bring their new UK tour to Birmingham

Elvis Costello & The Imposters bring their Just Trust 2020 tour to Birmingham.

Declan Patrick MacManus, better known by his stage name Elvis Costello is an English pop/rock musician, singer, songwriter, composer, record producer, author, television presenter, and occasional actor.

He has won multiple awards in his career, including a Grammy Award and has twice been nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Male Artist. In 2003, Costello and the Attractions were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked Costello number 80 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters play Symphony Hall on 18 March 2020.

Tickets go on sale on 20 September. "

I will be there for the tour closing show, who else will be going?

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Symphony Hall, Birmingham, March 18, 2020

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hi

Unfortunately I can’t make this gig so I have a Row BB (2nd row stalls) seat for sale.

The upside/downside is that you’ll be sat with Goon Squad.

The ticket price with fees was £100 but I’ll take a reasonable offer. I can sell it back to the venue but I’d rather it went to a forum member.

PM me if you are interested.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

I’ve not received my tickets. Anyone who booked through the presale on axs got theirs?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Only got mine through Viagogo and that was last week.
I did book one through the pre-sale which is going spare (if it ever arrives !)
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I’ve not received my tickets. Anyone who booked through the presale on axs got theirs?
Contact AXS. They’ve been a nightmare. Not sure it’s the same for Birmingham, but I got a ticket for Southampton in the AXS presale and they decided a few weeks ago suddenly that the tickets will be left at box office to collect. No reason why. Just that “the promoter wanted that” and you can’t do anything about it. Contacted the BO and they said they didn’t even have the tickets yet, so you can’t even ask them directly to post.
Man out of Time

verbal gymnastics wrote:I’ve not received my tickets. Anyone who booked through the presale on axs got theirs?
I've not received mine either - booked through the AXS presale. Not a ticket agency I can now recommend...

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

FrankieJ wrote:
Contact AXS. They’ve been a nightmare. Not sure it’s the same for Birmingham, but I got a ticket for Southampton in the AXS presale and they decided a few weeks ago suddenly that the tickets will be left at box office to collect. No reason why. Just that “the promoter wanted that” and you can’t do anything about it. Contacted the BO and they said they didn’t even have the tickets yet, so you can’t even ask them directly to post.
I received an email to say the tickets should be here within a week of the gig. It's still early days.

I'm not panicking but I'm not going to the gig so I need to get the tickets to goon squad and the lady I sold the ticket to.

I've always found AXS to be very good.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Don’t worry his voice will be shot by Edinburgh abs he won’t do any more shows from Oxford onwards :| :roll: :shock:
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

I'm not sure if it was pre sale or not but I booked with AXS for Manchester and the tickets came a few weeks ago.

AXS confirmation email said:
If you have not received your tickets 3 days prior to the event please contact us on 0203 481 55 06.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Email received this morning finally saying that this show and the New Theatre Oxford show (March 15, 2020) are cancelled, rather than just postponed.
Cancellation email - July 23, 2021
Cancellation email - July 23, 2021
Cancelled.jpg (92.84 KiB) Viewed 12074 times
They had been showing as "pending" on the list of shows on the venue website. Good to get a refund, but obviously would have preferred to have new dates for these shows.

MOOT
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Contacted Viagogo about the two tickets I paid huge amounts for to get my son and I near the front at the Symphony Hall and this is their response!!

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your order 23151967 for Elvis Costello & The Imposters on 18 March 2020.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a refund or exchange for your tickets. viagogo is a secondary marketplace which allows customers to buy and sell tickets. At the time you purchased your tickets, as well as guaranteeing your purchase, we also guaranteed the seller that they will be paid for their sale. Therefore, the best and only option is to re-list them for sale.

If you relist your tickets for sale, we will not charge you any seller fees, we will pay you as soon as the tickets sell, and we will redirect the tickets from the original ticket seller to your new buyer, saving you the trouble of receiving the tickets and sending them on to the new buyer."

So there's no chance of me getting a refund from the original vendor even for the tickets at cost price - and what mark up do Viagogo get ?!!
Disappointed that what is essentially ticket touting is pretty much unregulated ! Ah well there's £300 I won't see again :cry:
krm

Post by krm »

frustrating indeed! Sorry to hear this. Viagogo is listed in my little black book!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: Therefore, the best and only option is to re-list them for sale
is of course absolute *ollocks , surely to try to sell tickets for something which doesn't exist is attempting fraud?

Wikipedia lists several examples of such : In February 2018, Viagogo was found to have been marketing tickets for a non-existent performance by a Hungarian stand-up comedian for about twice the normal price/ In August 2018, New Zealand's Commerce Commission sued Viagogo after it sold non-existent tickets for a Bruno Mars concert for NZ$700 etc etc.

Sorry Mr Viagogo the best and only option is for the purchaser to obtain a full refund from the venture capital backed 'secondary marketplace'....

Really sorry to hear of your experiences at the hands of these rogues.
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

sulky lad wrote:Contacted Viagogo about the two tickets I paid huge amounts for to get my son and I near the front at the Symphony Hall and this is their response!!

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your order 23151967 for Elvis Costello & The Imposters on 18 March 2020.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a refund or exchange for your tickets. viagogo is a secondary marketplace which allows customers to buy and sell tickets. At the time you purchased your tickets, as well as guaranteeing your purchase, we also guaranteed the seller that they will be paid for their sale. Therefore, the best and only option is to re-list them for sale.

If you relist your tickets for sale, we will not charge you any seller fees, we will pay you as soon as the tickets sell, and we will redirect the tickets from the original ticket seller to your new buyer, saving you the trouble of receiving the tickets and sending them on to the new buyer."

So there's no chance of me getting a refund from the original vendor even for the tickets at cost price - and what mark up do Viagogo get ?!!
Disappointed that what is essentially ticket touting is pretty much unregulated ! Ah well there's £300 I won't see again :cry:
If you paid by credit card see if you can make a claim under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act