krm

Elvis (solo) in Hamburg (Germany) October 7th 2014

Post by krm »

Man out of Time

Re: Elvis (solo) in Hamburg (Germany) October 7th

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview in German at Hier Luebeck.de:

http://www.hier-luebeck.de/2014/02/der- ... n-hamburg/

"Der Brite Elvis Costello rockt am 7. Oktober 2014 mit seiner unverwechselbaren Stimme die Große Freiheit 36 in Hamburg

Der 60-jährige Singer-Songwriter präsentiert seinen deutschen Fans einmal mehr „The Very Best of Elvis Costello“ – Hamburg, Februar 2014

Im Laufe seiner Karriere erhielt Elvis Costello etliche Auszeichnungen, wurde 2003 mit seiner Band The Attractions in die Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame aufgenommen und konnte seine Vielfältigkeit in unterschiedlichster Weise ausleben. Das tat er zum einen in zahllosen Kollaborationen, unter anderem auch als Songwriter für Kollegen wie Johnny Cash, Dusty Springfield sowie als Produzent zum Beispiel für die englische Ska-Band The Specials oder The Pogues. Zum anderen machte er dies natürlich in seinen vielen Alben, die von Punkrock, Pop über Country bis hin zu Jazz reichen. Schon die ersten drei Platten „My Aim Is True“, „This Year’s Model“ und „Armed Forces“ erreichten Chartplatzierungen. Am 7. Oktober 2014 kommt Elvis Costello dann mit seiner unverwechselbaren Stimme und gewohnt abwechslungsreichen Musikkost nach Hamburg in die Große Freiheit 36.

Neben all dem war Elvis Costello auch im Bereich Filmmusik fleißig. Seine Interpretation des Liedes „She” für den Film „Notting Hill” schaffte es in die Hitlisten verschiedener Länder. Weiterhin wurde der Titel „I’ll Never Fall In Love Again”, der in Zusammarbeit mit Burt Bacharach entstand, in dem Film Austin Powers 2 verwendet. Im gleichen Jahr erhielten beide für den Song „I Still Have That Other Girl” von dem gemeinsamen Album „Painted from Memory” einen Grammy. Zudem wurde der Song „The Scarlet Tide“, den Costello gemeinsam mit dem US-amerikanischen Musiker T-Bone Burnett für den Film „Unterwegs nach Cold Mountain” komponierte, 2004 für einen Oscar nominiert.

Im Herbst dieses Jahres wird der dann 60-jährige Singer-Songwriter seinen deutschen Fans einmal mehr „The Very Best of Elvis Costello“ präsentieren.

Elvis Costello
Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014
Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg
Beginn: 20 Uhr
Einlass: 19 Uhr
Der exklusive Presale über Ticketmaster läuft ab Freitag, 14.02.2014 12 Uhr!
Allgemeiner Vorverkauf startet am Freitag, den 21.02.2014

Tickets gibt es für 43,– €(zzgl. Gebühren) bei http://www.ticketmaster.de , unter http://www.deag.de und unter der Tickethotline (Hotline: 01806-999 000 555 / Verbindungspreise: 0,20 €/Anruf aus dem deutschen Festnetz, max. 0,60 €/Anruf aus dem deutschen Mobilfunknetz), sowie an allen bekannten Vorverkaufsstellen."

Or in "English" via Google Translate:

"The Brit Elvis Costello rocks on 7 October 2014 with his unique voice at Große Freiheit 36 ​​in Hamburg

The 60 -year-old singer-songwriter presents his German fans once more " The Very Best of Elvis Costello " - Hamburg, February 2014.

Throughout his career, Elvis Costello received numerous awards, was recorded with his band The Attractions in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 and was able to live out his versatility in many different ways . He did the one in countless collaborations , including as a songwriter for fellows like Johnny Cash , Dusty Springfield and as a producer, for example, for the English ska band The Specials and The Pogues . Secondly, of course, he did this in his many albums, ranging from punk rock to pop to country to jazz. Even the first three discs " My Aim Is True ", " This Year's Model " and " Armed Forces" reached the charts. On 7 October 2014 is Elvis Costello then with his unique voice and usual varied music diet for Hamburg, Grosse Freiheit 36

Besides all that Elvis Costello has not been idle in film music. His interpretation of the song "She" for the film " Notting Hill " made it into the charts in various countries . Furthermore, the title " I'll Never Fall In Love Again" , which was developed working together with Burt Bacharach, was used in the movie Austin Powers 2 . In the same year both received for the song "I Still Have That Other Girl " from the album together "Painted from Memory" won a Grammy . In addition, the song "The Scarlet Tide" , the Costello co-wrote the film with the American musician T -Bone Burnett " Cold Mountain " was nominated for an Oscar in 2004 .

In the autumn of this year, the then 60 -year-old singer-songwriter will present his German fans once more " The Very Best of Elvis Costello " .

Elvis Costello
Tuesday 7 October 2014
Grosse Freiheit 36 , Hamburg
Start: 20:00
Doors open : 19:00

The exclusive presale through Ticketmaster expires Friday, 02.14.2014 12 clock !

General sale starts on Friday, 21/02/2014

Tickets are available for 43, - € ( + booking fee ) at http://www.ticketmaster.de , at http://www.deag.de and the ticket hotline (hotline : 01806-999000555 / connection charges : 0,20 € / call from a German fixed network , max. 0,60 € / call from a German mobile network) , and at the usual ticket outlets ."

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

Is this article suggesting a new Greatest Hits compilation is coming this year? Or is that just quirky phrasing from Google Translate?
migdd

Post by migdd »

I took it to mean that the SHOW would feature "the very best of Elvis Costello" but who knows.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Indeed, the show will feature "The very Best Of EC" . There is no compilation coming.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

migdd wrote:I took it to mean that the SHOW would feature "the very best of Elvis Costello" but who knows.
You're probably right, but isn't it weird that the original article referred to "The Very Best Of Elvis Costello" in English, while the rest of the article (aside from the names of albums) was in German?
taramasalata

Post by taramasalata »

Sorry guys to unmistakably destroy your rising curiosity about a new "best of"-collection, but, as German being my mother language, I feel myself competent enough in telling you that this phrase put in quotation marks is nothing but a linguistic expression, meant to label the show as something like a brand or a product. And as he doesn't have a new record to promote and his recent playlists have underlined that he likes to play whatever he is actually up to, you are never wrong these days in labeling his shows that way.
Sorry again.
But I guess hardly anyone on this board would really be impressed by just another "Best of E.C."-compilation.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

taramasalata wrote:Sorry guys to unmistakably destroy your rising curiosity about a new "best of"-collection, but, as German being my mother language, I feel myself competent enough in telling you that this phrase put in quotation marks is nothing but a linguistic expression, meant to label the show as something like a brand or a product. And as he doesn't have a new record to promote and his recent playlists have underlined that he likes to play whatever he is actually up to, you are never wrong these days in labeling his shows that way.
Sorry again.
But I guess hardly anyone on this board would really be impressed by just another "Best of E.C."-compilation.
Thanks for your insight here.

As you suspected, I can't say I was overly eager for another "Best Of" set. But the phrasing of the article did make me wonder.
krm

Post by krm »

This might (or might not) be interesting, since Grosse Freiheit 36 is a standing venue, in opposite to all previous shows this tour where we have had nice concert halls with great sitting facilities.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Hmm..a rather cheeky tweet...so good of them to allow Elvis headline their show....

https://twitter.com/LarkinPoe/status/519507062897012737

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Image`

Kjell Magnusson posts to Facebook - Hamburg NOW !
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The site for tonight's venue should have photos pretty soon -

http://grossefreiheit36.de/?page_id=30
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Just got this -

Hi John,

in case you have no other source, here's a (nearly complete) Hamburg setlist:

Red Shoes
Either Side Of The Town
Veronica
Ascension Day
New Amsterdam / You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Come The Meantimes
So Like Candy
Clubland
Oliver's Army
Walking My Baby Home
Ghost Train
Everyday I Write The Book
Wave A White Flag
She
Watching The Detectives
Alison (not amplified)

---------------------------

Pads, Paws And Claws (with Larkin Poe)
Love Field (with Larkin Poe)
Brilliant Mistake (with Larkin Poe)
Good Year For The Roses (with Larkin Poe)
Blame It On Cain (with Larkin Poe)
That's Not The Part Of Him You're Leaving (with Larkin Poe)
Lost On The River (with Larkin Poe)
new song (with Larkin Poe)

------------------------

Jimmie Standing In The Rain / Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?
Human Hands
Less Than Zero
I Want You

----------------------

Peace, Love And Understanding (with Larkin Poe)

The last song of the first encore was introduced as "a new song", but unfortunately
I couldn't understand the title. One line was sung repeatedly (also by the Larkin Poe
girls), and sounded vaguely like "Six months in jail", but the "jail" word had three syllables,
so it must be something different…
"Human Hands" seems to be a Hamburg staple, as I remember Costello playing it at the
2012 Spinning Wheel concert; this time at the "Grosse Freiheit", the "girl in the window
on the Reeperbahn" line was even more fitting:)

Best wishes,
Erich

P.S.: I'm probably going to the Berlin gig as well; will send a setlist if you need one!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

johnfoyle wrote:The last song of the first encore was introduced as "a new song", but unfortunately
I couldn't understand the title. One line was sung repeatedly (also by the Larkin Poe
girls), and sounded vaguely like "Six months in jail", but the "jail" word had three syllables,
I'm guessing this was "Six Months In Kansas City (Liberty Street)" from the New Basement Tapes.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
johnfoyle wrote:The last song of the first encore was introduced as "a new song", but unfortunately
I'm guessing this was "Six Months In Kansas City (Liberty Street)" from the New Basement Tapes.
Doh! I'm aching for a batch of *new* songs - the Basement Tapes ones don't count! Please let this Painted From Memory musical arrive soon so that we can have the official cast recording!
And No Coffee Table

http://blog.zeit.de/hamburg/grosse-frei ... von-elvis/

Große Freiheit, geadelt von Elvis

von Matthias Strzoda am 8. Oktober 2014 um 15:41

Er war mal der Hornbrillen-Nerd mit Punk-Attitüde. Doch eigentlich spielt Elvis Costello fantastischen Powerpop. Ebenso hinreißend war jetzt sein Auftritt in Hamburg.

Elvis Costello gehört nun nicht mehr zu den Jüngsten, sechzig ist er gerade geworden. Doch das hielt ihn nicht davon ab, in Hamburg fast zweieinhalb unvergessliche Stunden abzuliefern. Dafür ließ er sich in der ansehnlich gefüllten Großen Freiheit von den so jungen wie mannequingleichen Lovell-Schwestern Rebecca (23) und Megan (25) flankieren.

Die beiden langhaarigen Südstaaten-Schönheiten spielten in ihrer Jugendzeit als Lovell Sisters Bluegrass und Folk, seit 2010 in der Band Larkin Poe Blues- und Americana-beeinflussten Mainstream-Poprock, den Shootingstars von Haim nicht unähnlich. Als Support-Act mit makellosem Gesang und Gitarrenspiel (verzerrte Lapsteel à la David Lindley) hoffte man insgeheim, sie würden noch für eine von Elvis Costellos Zugaben auf die Bühne zurückkehren.

Dieser Wunsch sollte übererfüllt werden, alles tipptopp eingeprobt, man ist vor einigen Tagen in der schwedischen Studentenstadt Uppsala schon einmal gemeinsam aufgetreten. Der sensationelle Backup-Gesang von Rebecca Lovell und die schneidenden, blitzsauberen Slide-Einsätze von Megan Lovell bereicherten für mindestens sieben Zugaben (von circa 15!) Stücke wie Brillant Mistake, A Good Year For The Roses, das brandneue Lost On The River (Vertonung eines unveröffentlichten Dylan-Textes), und erfreulicherweise auch Blame It On Cain – der Song stammt von der überragenden ersten LP My Aim Is True von 1977.

My Aim Is True wurde seinerzeit eingespielt mit der in England gestrandeten amerikanischen Westcoast- und Countryrock-Band Clover, aus der später Huey Lewis & The News wurde. Hätte man das gewusst – man hätte es keinem Punk- oder New-Wave-Fan erzählen dürfen. Die Gruppe war eigentlich viel zu gut für den Zeitgeist von 1977 (“glatt” nannte man das damals), vor allem für eine Platte auf dem Londoner Underground-Label “Stiff”. Genau das macht den Reiz aus, gepaart mit der Punk-Attitüde des 22-jährigen Hornbrillen-Nerds Costello entstand eine der besten Powerpop-Platten aller Zeiten.

Neben Uptempo-Hits wie (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes, der das Konzert eröffnet, gehört auch die unsterbliche Ballade Alison dazu. Er spielt sie am Ende des regulären Sets unverstärkt, ohne Mikrofon, einige Zuschauern singen laut die Zeilen mit, die sie kennen (“I know this world is killing you”/ “Well, I see you’ve got a husband now”) – man wird es nicht vergessen.

Einen ähnlichen Kloß im Hals verursacht Everyday I Write The Book in der gezupften Slow-Version, ziemlich magisch. Die Liste ist lang, er spielt Clubland, Veronica und Oliver’s Army mit wechselnden akustischen und halbakustischen Gitarren, Watching The Detectives in einer bizarren, feedbackreichen Version zu einem live gesampelten Riff.
costello77

Im allerletzten Zugabenblock kommt schließlich die elektrische Fender Jazzmaster vom My Aim Is True-Cover zum Einsatz, nach der allerersten Single Less Than Zero wird damit ein Publikumsfavorit, das flehende I Want You von 1986, per Rückkopplung zerlegt – ganz aufgearbeitet ist die zerbrochene Liebe zu seiner Ex-Frau Cait O’Riordan (The Pogues) möglicherweise noch nicht. Inzwischen führt er mit Diana Krall und den Zwillingssöhnen ein offenbar ganz fröhliches Künstlerleben in New York. Davon wird ebenso blumig berichtet wie von seiner Kindheit in London und der Jugend in Birkenhead bei Liverpool.

Er ist sensationell bei Stimme – unglaublich, dass er bei dem Druck auf die Stimmbänder nicht nach drei Stücken heiser ist – und blendend aufgelegt. Auch seine roten, spitzen Halbschuhe werden zum Thema, er hat sie offenbar erst nachmittags auf der Reeperbahn bei Schuh Messmer entdeckt, für Stiefelettenliebhaber seit jeher eine Institution. Dunkler Anzug mit Weste und ein (nanu!) schicker, heller Pflanzerhut, möglicherweise von Borsalino, den er in verschiedene kecke Positionen rückt, mal Elder Statesman, mal Filou.

Elvis Costello steht das alles, schließlich ist er ein Man Out Of Time. Dieses schöne Stück von Imperial Bedroom (1982) fehlte, er spielte es aber zuletzt 2012 während der herrlichen Rockrevue mit seiner aktuellen Begleitband The Imposters im CCH – eine Spielstätte, über die er sich seinerzeit angemessen verächtlich äußerte. Die Große Freiheit aber, eine der schönsten Bühnen Deutschlands, wurde durch seinen Besuch geadelt.

Google translation:

Grosse Freiheit, knighted by Elvis

BY MATTHIAS STRZODA on October 8, 2014 at 15:41

He was once the horn-rimmed glasses nerd with punk attitude. But actually Elvis Costello plays fantastic powerpop. Equally captivating was now his appearance in Hamburg.

Elvis Costello is no longer one of the youngest sixty he has just become. But that did not stop him from Hamburg to deliver in almost two and a half unforgettable hours. For this, he was flanked in the handsomely filled Great freedom of the young so as mannequin same Lovell Sisters Rebecca (23) and Megan (25).

The two long-haired Southern beauty not unlike played in their youth as Lovell Sisters Bluegrass and Folk, since 2010 in the band Larkin Poe blues and Americana-influenced mainstream pop rock, the Shooting Stars of Haim. As a support act with impeccable vocals and guitar (distorted lap steel à la David Lindley) you secretly hoped she would return to the stage for one of Elvis Costello's still encores.

This desire should be met, rehearsed everything shipshape, it occurred a few days ago in the Swedish university town of Uppsala ever together. The sensational backup vocals by Rebecca Lovell and the cutting, sparkling clean slide inserts of Megan Lovell enriched for at least seven encores (of about 15!) Pieces such as Brilliant Mistake, A Good Year For The Roses, the brand new Lost On The River (setting an unreleased Dylan-text), and fortunately also Blame It On Cain - the song comes from the outstanding first album My Aim Is True by 1977th

My Aim Is True was the time recorded with the stranded in England and Westcoast- American country-rock band Clover, which later Huey Lewis & The News was. Had you known this - it would have been allowed to tell any punk or new wave fan. The group was actually too good for the zeitgeist of 1977 ("Smooth" was called back then), especially for a drive on the London underground label "Stiff". This is what makes the charm, coupled with the punk attitude of the 22-year-old horn-rimmed glasses nerds Costello emerged one of the best power pop records of all time.

In addition to up-tempo hits like (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes, which opened the concert, including the immortal ballad Alison them. He plays at the end of the regular set unreinforced, without a microphone, some viewers singing along the lines that they know ("I know this world is killing you" / "Well, I see you've got a husband now") - you will not forget.

A similar lump in the throat caused Everyday I Write The Book in the plucked Slow version, quite magical. The list is long, he plays Clubland, Veronica and Oliver's Army with changing acoustic and semi-acoustic guitars, Watching The Detectives in a bizarre, feedback-rich version to a live sampled reef.

At the very last encore finally comes the electric Fender Jazzmaster from My Aim Is True -cover used after the very first single Less Than Zero is thus an audience favorite, the pleading I Want You by 1986, broken down by feedback - is quite worked up the broken love his ex-wife Cait O'Riordan (The Pogues) may not. He now performs with Diana Krall and the twin sons of an obviously very happy artist living in New York. Thereof are reported, flowery as of his childhood in London and the youth in Birkenhead near Liverpool.

He is sensational with voice - incredibly, that he is not after three pieces is hoarse when the pressure on the vocal cords - and launched dazzling. His red, pointy shoes are on the subject, he has apparently discovered only in the afternoon on the Reeperbahn at Schuh Messmer, for Stiefelettenliebhaber has always been an institution. Dark suit with vest and a (nanu!) Chic, bright Pflanzerhut, possibly by Borsalino, which he engaged in various bold positions, sometimes Elder Statesman, sometimes Filou.

Elvis Costello is everything, after all, he is a Man ​​Out Of Time. This beautiful piece of Imperial Bedroom (1982) was missing, but he played it last 2012 during the magnificent rock revue with his current backing group The Imposters at the CCH - a venue through which he expressed his time appropriately despicable. The Great freedom but, one of the most beautiful theaters in Germany, was knighted by his visit.
krm

Post by krm »

And No Coffee Table wrote:

It was "Six Months in Kansas city" that he played.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

And No Coffee Table

http://bockrock.wordpress.com/2014/10/1 ... -costello/

Konzertbericht: An Evening with Elvis Costello

Während Lars bei dem Konzert von Henrik Freischlader war, hatte ich mich für das Konzert eines alten Helden entschieden – Elvis Costello in der Großen Freiheit.

Auch in der gut besuchten Großen Freiheit fing die Vorband pünktlich um 20 Uhr an. Larkin Poe, eine amerikanische Roots-Rock Band, war hier allerdings nur in Form der beiden Front Frauen und Schwestern Rebecca und Megan Lovell vertreten, also nur Gitarre bzw. Mandoline und Lap Steel Gitarre. Trotzdem ließen die beiden mit viel Freude an ihrer Musik weder das Schlagzeug noch den Bass vermissen und überzeugten mit einem wundervollen halbstündigen Set, so dass man verstehen konnte, warum die britische Zeitung The Observer Larkin Poe als “Best Discovery of Glastonbury 2014″ auswählte.

Nach nur 15 Minuten Umbaupause kam dann Elvis Costello auf die Bühne, Solo und ohne Band, aber seine 60 Jahre sieht und merkt man ihm in keiner Sekunde an. Das letzte Konzert in Hamburg vor 2 Jahren, damals mit seiner Band The Impostors im CCH, bei dem sich Elvis Costello angemessen verächtlich über die Spielstätte äußerte, war nur mäßig besucht (definitiv dem CCH geschuldet). Umso positiver war der Effekt, den die Große Freiheit auf ihn ausübte. Er war redselig, erzählte zwischen den Songs Geschichten aus seiner Kindheit und freute sich über seine vor wenigen Stunden zuvor gekauften roten Halbschuhe auf der Reeperbahn. So spielte er denn auch Songs aus seinem gesamten musikalischen Repertoire, Hits seiner Alben der späten 70er und frühen 80er wie aber auch Songs aktuelleren Schaffens, wie 45 von When I was cruel oder Songs, die er 2006 gemeinsam mit Allen Tussaint geschrieben hat. Mal aufs Wesentliche reduziert nur mit akustischer bzw. halbakustischer Gitarre, mal in einer feedbackgeladenen Version zu einem live eingespielten und gesampleten Riff bis zur Unkenntlichkeit verzerrt, mal völlig ohne Mikrofon und Verstärker wie zum Abschluss seines regulären Sets bei seinem Hit Alison. Gänsehaut. Zur Zugabe holt er dann auch die beiden Schwestern von Larkin Poe wieder mit auf die Bühne, insbesondere die Lap Steel fügte den Songs dann noch eine wundervolle Nuance hinzu und die Spielfreude der drei ist unschlagbar. Elvis Costello und die beiden Lovell Schwestern werden dann auch nicht von der Bühne gelassen, spielen Song nach Song und beenden nach fast zweieinhalb Stunden das Konzert mit einer zauberhaften Version von “I want you”.

Google translation:

Concert review: An Evening with Elvis Costello

While Lars was at the concert of Henrik Freischlader, I chose for the concert of ancient heroes - Elvis Costello in the Great freedom.

Even in the well-attended Grosse Freiheit caught the opening act on time by 20 clock. Larkin Poe, an American roots rock band, was here, however, only in the form of the two front ladies and sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell represented, so only guitar or mandolin and lap steel guitar. Nevertheless, the two were not the drums or miss with a lot of joy in their music the bass and seasoned with a wonderful half-hour set, so that one could understand why the British newspaper The Observer Larkin Poe chose "Best Discovery of Glastonbury 2014".

After just 15 minutes for rebuilding break then came Elvis Costello on stage, solo and without a band, but his 60 years and sees you realize it in any second. The last concert in Hamburg two years ago, then with his band, The Impostors in the CCH, in which Elvis Costello expressed adequately contemptuously about the venue, was only moderately visited (definitely the CCH owed​​). The more positive was the effect that the Grosse Freiheit had on him. He was talkative, telling stories between songs from his childhood and was delighted with his few hours ago before selling red shoes on the Reeperbahn. He played as well as songs from his entire musical repertoire, hits his albums of the late 70s and early 80s as well as more recent songs creation, as of 45 When I was cruel or songs that he wrote in 2006 together with Allen Tussaint. Time reduced to the essentials only with acoustic or semi-acoustic guitar, sometimes distorted in a feedback-charged version to a live recorded and sampled reef beyond recognition, sometimes completely without a microphone and amplifier as the end of his regular set with his hit Alison. Goosebumps. For adding he then fetches the two sisters of Larkin Poe on stage, especially the Lap Steel added the songs then still a wonderful nuance and the playfulness of the three is unbeatable. Elvis Costello and the two Lovell Sisters are not also left the stage, playing song after song and quit after almost two and a half hours the concert with a beautiful version of "I want you".
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Short uncredited review published in Oxmox magazine - Hamburg listings magazine, on 22 November 2014.

"REVIEW: ELVIS COSTELLO 07.10., Große Freiheit 36

Der Großmeister unterschiedlicher Musikstile besuchte zum Auftakt seiner Tour die gut ge­füllte Freiheit. In neuen roten Schuhen, die er auf der Reeperbahn gekauft hatte. Um 20 Uhr begann das Südstaaten-Duo Lovell Sis­ters, um nach einer halben Stunde an Costel­lo zu übergeben. Ohne Band, nur mit seiner Gitarre, legte der 60-jährige Brite mit so viel Druck los, dass man das Gefühl hatte, der Zeitrahmen für seine „The Very Best“-Tour würde nicht ausreichen. Inklusive ca. sieben Zugaben ging es zweieinhalb Stunden durch Titel wie „She“, „Veronica“, „Clubland“ oder „Watching The Detectives“."

or in "english"via Google Translate:

"The grand master of different music styles visited the well-filled Freiheit at the start of his tour. In new red shoes that he had bought on the Reeperbahn. The southern duo Lovell Sisters started at 8 p.m. and handed over to Costello after half an hour. Without a band, just with his guitar, the 60-year-old Brit started with so much pressure that you had the feeling that the time frame for his “The Very Best” tour would not be enough. Including about seven encores, it went through titles like "She", "Veronica", "Clubland" or "Watching The Detectives" for two and a half hours. "

MOOT