Font size

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
bambooneedle

Font size

Post by bambooneedle »

Dr. Spooky - Has the size of the font been reduced? It's damn small. I just hope my eyes aren't going. Any chance of experimenting with the standard size default ie. go from 12 point to 15 point? ...I could swear it's gotten smaller...
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

What do you mean? The font ain't getting smaller.
signed with love and vicious kisses
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Nothing's been changed, boo. I don't know what's going on. Tell me what you're seeing, because our screens are the same as they always have been. . . . .
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Come to think of it, the type looked larger when I had to use an internet cafe... so it might have to do with how my monitor views the page. Just got a new hard disc, could that be it?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Mmm, let me check with Doc. I don't knowif that would have changed anything, but I'll talk to him and try to find out for you.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

bambooneedle wrote:Come to think of it, the type looked larger when I had to use an internet cafe... so it might have to do with how my monitor views the page. Just got a new hard disc, could that be it?
Is it just this site or others as well? Perhaps you inadvertently altered the "text size" setting in your browser's View options?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Thanks, SG.

Good idea Tim(e), I tried that and it increases the size of a lot of the text on other sites which is much better on the eyes however it only increases the size of "No-one is chatting at this time" on this site.

The second line of this post makes it to " "No-" on my screen, is anybody else's different?
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

We haven't changed anything manually since adding the KOA link at the top so I double checked that change. I don't see anything that would cause your font to be larger. Are the settings in your browser for default font OK?

If this is Windows, then you can change font size for a lot of displayed things by right-clicking on the desktop and going to the Appearances tab. There you will see a font size pull down with Normal, Large, and Extra Large.

Maybe it is one of those?

FWIW MrsS and I tend to use Mozilla or FireFox and you can do "<ctl>+" to increase the fonts on a page and "<ctl>-" to reduce them. Very handy.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

DrSpooky wrote: Are the settings in your browser for default font OK?

If this is Windows, then you can change font size for a lot of displayed things by right-clicking on the desktop and going to the Appearances tab.
Yes, that setting was on default. Increased the size with that as well but it has no effect on post type size either, only on windows pull-down menus etc, another improvement I hadn't thought of. Might try one of those other browsers. Thanks to all for your advice.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Has the resolution of your video changed? Say from 1024x768 to 800x600?
That will make things look bigger?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

That solves the problem. My screen resolution was 1280 x 1024 pixels. 800 x 600 makes everything HUGE! A happy medium is 1152 x 864.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I am glad we finally tripped across something. :)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Dr. Spooky kicks arse once again...