Welcome!!

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
taz
Site Admin

Welcome!!

Post by taz »

This is the new(ish) version of the site Narbawlz had created, I have attempted to keep it as similar as possible and will continue to upgrade it.

Currently me and my friend (registered as 'tux') have access to administer the page in case anything occurs as did on the elviscostellofans.net board. I have spoken with BlueChair and he is going to be moderator here as well and I will give him as many privileges as I can to make sure somebody will be able to make fixes if necessary.

If anybody has any suggestions please feel free to PM or email me (taz@elviscostellofans.com) or tux (tux@elviscostellofans.com).

Thanks,
Taz
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
tux

Post by tux »

very cool... website name is now resolving.. game on.....! :)
~tux.

For all your IT needs check us out.
Open Source Managed Networks
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Hello - is anybody there ?

Thanks taz, tux, you've done a great job in getting this set up so quickly. I must admit though, I thought that Shabbydoll's foul abuse on the Island site(copies available on request) was a much cooler way to force us to switch sites than a simple system clock error.

But what do I know ? Only joking Shabby.... hurry up and get on board.
Where's North from 'ere?
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

That's definitely a 'better' way, I had just come onto the Island site when I saw Narb's post about a new board, so fortunately I didn't go through any of the drama on the previous.

I sent out that email to everybody this morning, hopefully things will begin to pickup shortly... :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Thanks again, Taz, for saving the day. Thank God you've got that super-duper cape to help you rescue fallen websites!
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

Taz, I'd buy you a drink if I could. Thank you for giving us a new plae to hang out! :D
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Thanks, taz, very nice. We're back in the 21st century.

I can't help feeling like we are ditching narbawlz, though.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Not at all. Several people on the board, myself included, have made attempts to contact Narb and no one can find him. Taz has already stated that if this board only exists until the other board is back to normal, that that's fine. No one wants to ditch Narb. The board just can't be repaired without his intervention and it's like he's disappeared from the earth. We still want to find him and make sure he's okay.

This board was set up by Taz so that we can all chat again in the present without posts going haywire. No one means any ill to Narb and we're still trying to find him. I only hope he is okay.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I understand that feeling as well Goody, I certainly wasn't intending on doing that. Like I said though, I have no problem if this is just for a few months (though I'd be willing to keep it up indefinitely) and then we slide back over to Narb's site.

Post by Guest »

Taz and Spooky, of course, you are both right. I just have an overdeveloped guilt complex.

I really appreciate all your efforts and my comment wasn't intended as a shot at anyone. I'm just concerned, as we all are. But we also need an administrator, and I appreciate your stepping up.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

That was me up there. Sorry.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

No problem Goody, I didn't take it as a shot in the least. You voiced something I was really concerned about. I felt like I might appear like an ingrate or something. (raised Catholic and Italian...completely with you on the guilt thing :D). If it wasn't for Narb's site I wouldn't have met you all!

It was no problem at all doing the site and I'm glad to do it. With minimal posting on the old one my days at work were dragging by!!! :wink:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Good work Taz & Tux.

Thanks

sl
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

So how come Double Duchess has brought over a Simpsons avatar? I was so convinced that this site did everything that Narb's did, I went to search out my Malcolm avatar, to no avail! I tried to load another image, but it was over 100k! I tried linking to some images with URLs. all too big, or with 'no data'. Dang, how do you save an image (on a Mac) so that it's 80 x 80 pixels and less than 6k?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

How very rude, was so engrossed in avatars, I forgot to say thanks a million Taz. You're a star!

Nice kitten SLL. Less than nice signature...
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Cheers Taz....you the daddy!!!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Great move Taz. The narbawlz situation was/is disconcerting to say the least. I just hope he turns up healthy again. It feels good to have someone in charge again just in case it's needed. Have you hired a recruiting officer yet?

Post by Guest »

wait? I should be gettin paid ? :)

ah, he picks up enough of my bere tabs :) it all comes out in the wssh :)
tux

Post by tux »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that was me, gotta fix that guest posting, keeps messing everyone up..
~tux.

For all your IT needs check us out.
Open Source Managed Networks
Who Shot Sam?

I'm back...

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Couldn't deal with the mess over on narby's site. Unless or until he gets it fixed, I guess I'll be hanging out here.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

gracias taz! I was really suprised to receive that email soo soon.
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

This is really terrific, Taz. Thank you for jumping on this so quickly and graciously.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Otis - The kitten was the only avatar I could find that fitted the criteria after about half a dozen other attempts at getting a humerous pic. Have you tried converting whatever you've got into jpeg, as this greatly reduces the size, although it is unlikely to help with one that is 100kb!
signed with love and vicious kisses
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I'll be the new recruiting officer. For payment, just fly me to some shows next month and give me an elviscostellofans.com t-shirt to wear to them.
Pov

Post by Pov »

Hey, I'm here! Thanks a lot Taz. It was really nice of you to take the time to do this. I wouldn't even know how!